Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

cadmielp
Roadie

This works on Windows/Linux/Mac (Only Desktop Version, does not work with the Web Player or Smartphone app) also. Here's the link: http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/sort-text-lines/ 

1. Just go to the playlist you wanna randomize press Ctrl + A to select all songs or hold Ctrl and select specifically songs by clicking. Then press Ctrl + C to copy.

2. Go to the Web Tool, erase the description text inside, press Ctrl + V to paste your tracks (NOTE: If you wanna backup your current list before the change, go down and click Save As). Once you've pasted the links, click RANDOM as many times as you want. Important note: It doesn't work for local files, cause local files doesn't contain URL.

3. Press Ctrl + A to select all, go to Spotify and you have two choices: 1. Create a new playlist and press Ctrl + V to paste all the new randomize songs or 2. Erase all songs of your current playlist by pressing Ctrl + A then Delete and paste the songs with Ctrl + V.

This tool it's free and you can use it as many times as you want.

I hope this will help you 🙂

Cheers!

24 Replies

Loxer
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey guys,

You could also try this tool!

It has a wide range of paramaters you can select to rearrange your songs in a playlist.

Hope you find it helpful!

LoxerRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

cadmielp
Roadie

@Loxer  ha escrito:

Hey guys,

You could also try this tool!

It has a wide range of paramaters you can select to rearrange your songs in a playlist.

Hope you find it helpful!

Thank you for sharing this! Good job! A pretty good option to rearrange with this new parameters!

Cheers!

Loxer
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Purrfect!

So many tools! Rearranging sons now won't be a problem haha

LoxerRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

cadmielp
Roadie

@Loxer  ha escrito:

Purrfect!

So many tools! Rearranging sons now won't be a problem haha

Yeah! 😄

Slavek
Music Fan

Thanks a lot cadmielp! I prefer your solution because I don't want to create a new playlist and with this I can rearrange all of the song in a current playlist. I couldn't find anything like this, there are some apps for spotify but they always create a new playlist.

But it would be nice to have an option to rearrange the tracks without deleting and adding them again so their date of adding won't change.

BossKlaus
Casual Listener

To the OP, thank you so much. 

This SAVED Spotify for me.

What I love is how I can shuffle up tracks from A BUNCH of different playlists, not just one, which makes it a perfect solution for people who want to keep large libraries of music or people who've got a tracks playlist that's gone over that pesky 10K limit. 

thejynx

Hi,

I've made a site to solve the same problem, you might find it's better than this solution:

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

puertoazul
Casual Listener

brilliant, thank you! the website returned an error code but the >1700 reshuffled list appeared in spotify

clackerdakcer
Casual Listener

Should mention that it doesn't work if you have local files in a playlist ...

cadmielp
Roadie

@clackerdakcer  ha escrito:

Should mention that it doesn't work if you have local files in a playlist ...

Yeah, you right., thanks for the suggestion!

funkyfintan

Great stuff mate, thanks

Mossatron3000
Re: Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

thejynx

4 weeks ago

Hi,

I've made a site to solve the same problem, you might find it's better than this solution:

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

-------------------------------

You should note that this tool ONLY works if you have no local files in the playlist

cadmielp
Roadie

thejynx escribió:

Hi,

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

Amazing tool! Much better, more easy! Very well done!👌👌👌👌

Machiventa858
Music Fan

These are GREAT tools, thank you two for building them! But doesn't everyone think we shouldn't have to have them in the first place?

cadmielp
Roadie

@Machiventa858  ha escrito:

These are GREAT tools, thank you two for building them! But doesn't everyone think we shouldn't have to have them in the first place?

Thank you! I didn't build this tool, I only shared the goods 🙂 but @thejynx is the creator of his own tool 🙂

adkar03

Works great. Thank you!

shadowymage1

this is amazing i love you

charlescc2

This... is... brilliant!

Machiventa858
Music Fan

I'm curious to know why just shuffling a playlist wouldn't accomplish the same thing as this tool?

bobbys

I doubt you'll see this, but if you do, here's my opinion:

Shuffle tends to stick to the same genres. For example, if I have a multigenre playlist that includes Country, Classic Rock, and Hip Hop, and a Rap song comes on, it'll tend to play the same genre for awhile instead of actually shuffling.

SUGGESTED POSTS