Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

This works on Windows/Linux/Mac (Only Desktop Version, does not work with the Web Player or Smartphone app) also. Here's the link: http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/sort-text-lines/ 

1. Just go to the playlist you wanna randomize press Ctrl + A to select all songs or hold Ctrl and select specifically songs by clicking. Then press Ctrl + C to copy.

2. Go to the Web Tool, erase the description text inside, press Ctrl + V to paste your tracks (NOTE: If you wanna backup your current list before the change, go down and click Save As). Once you've pasted the links, click RANDOM as many times as you want. Important note: It doesn't work for local files, cause local files doesn't contain URL.

3. Press Ctrl + A to select all, go to Spotify and you have two choices: 1. Create a new playlist and press Ctrl + V to paste all the new randomize songs or 2. Erase all songs of your current playlist by pressing Ctrl + A then Delete and paste the songs with Ctrl + V.

This tool it's free and you can use it as many times as you want.

I hope this will help you 🙂

Cheers!

24 Replies

The BEST solution! 

Just did a 2,100 Song Playlist, easy-peasy!

Thanks!

I'm curious to know why just shuffling a playlist wouldn't accomplish the same thing as this tool?

Auto shuffle doesn't seem to work real well for me past 200 or so tunes.  Then you get lots of repeats and lots of tunes that never get played.

Also, if you're sharing a playlist publically, it just looks a little better to someone browsing the playlist to get a "feel" of what it's like, as opossed to 20 songs from the same album all up top.  Most folks won't scroll past that and just back out unless they really like the first album.

Ah thank you for clarifying. Yes, now that you've mentioned it, shuffle does tend to play a lot of the same stuff. I'll give this a try!

This... is... brilliant!

this is amazing i love you

Works great. Thank you!

Hi,

I've made a site to solve the same problem, you might find it's better than this solution:

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

thejynx escribió:

Hi,

I've made a site to solve the same problem, you might find it's better than this solution:

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

Amazing tool! Much better, more easy! Very well done!👌👌👌👌

I doubt you'll see this, but if you do, here's my opinion:

Shuffle tends to stick to the same genres. For example, if I have a multigenre playlist that includes Country, Classic Rock, and Hip Hop, and a Rap song comes on, it'll tend to play the same genre for awhile instead of actually shuffling.

To the OP, thank you so much. 

This SAVED Spotify for me.

What I love is how I can shuffle up tracks from A BUNCH of different playlists, not just one, which makes it a perfect solution for people who want to keep large libraries of music or people who've got a tracks playlist that's gone over that pesky 10K limit. 

Thanks a lot cadmielp! I prefer your solution because I don't want to create a new playlist and with this I can rearrange all of the song in a current playlist. I couldn't find anything like this, there are some apps for spotify but they always create a new playlist.

But it would be nice to have an option to rearrange the tracks without deleting and adding them again so their date of adding won't change.

Re: Web Tool to randomize/rearrange tracks order inside of a playlist

thejynx

4 weeks ago

Hi,

www.spotifyshuffler.com

Thanks,

James

-------------------------------

You should note that this tool ONLY works if you have no local files in the playlist

These are GREAT tools, thank you two for building them! But doesn't everyone think we shouldn't have to have them in the first place?

Great stuff mate, thanks

Should mention that it doesn't work if you have local files in a playlist ...

@bobbys  ha escrito:

I doubt you'll see this, but if you do, here's my opinion:

Shuffle tends to stick to the same genres. For example, if I have a multigenre playlist that includes Country, Classic Rock, and Hip Hop, and a Rap song comes on, it'll tend to play the same genre for awhile instead of actually shuffling.

Yeah, that could happen only to a multigenre playlist. I see two options to do that; 1. Doing it manually (tough and lazy work :/) or 2. We have to wait for an Spotify intuituve tool that can shuffle songs based on a genre database algorithm (something like that)

@clackerdakcer  ha escrito:

Should mention that it doesn't work if you have local files in a playlist ...

Yeah, you right., thanks for the suggestion!

Hey guys,

You could also try this tool!

It has a wide range of paramaters you can select to rearrange your songs in a playlist.

Hope you find it helpful!

Suggested posts