Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

Wrong names for tracks in Album "Audio y Agua"(2011) from Artist "Divididos"

The songs has the order wrong, and the names are mixed, for example the song Guanuqueando sounds under the name of Caminando, that should be a whole different song, and when u play Guanuqueando plays another song...

• Casual Listener
  • The songs has the order wrong, and the names are mixed, for example the song Guanuqueando sounds under the name of Caminando, that should be a whole different song, and when u play Guanuque...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad downsampling of cover art

Hi, this is not a help request or a major issue, I just noticed this problem and thought I'd let you know. Basically, some cover images look quite bad when scaled down. I noticed this particularly on this image, and then the downsized version: image....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, this is not a help request or a major issue, I just noticed this problem and thought I'd let you know.   Basically, some cover images look quite bad when scaled down. I noticed this partic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Has Spotify now completely lost it's competitive advantage?

The new 1.x version is just awful. There's over a thousand comments about it in these 2 threads alone:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/We-re-updating-Spotify-for-desktop-with-fully-integrated-lyrics/td-p/1034955https://community...

• Visitor
  • The new 1.x version is just awful. There's over a thousand comments about it in these 2 threads alone: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/We-re-updating-Spotify-for-desktop-with-...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Playlist randomly empty?

Fired up Spotify just a moment ago, and one of my more listened-to playlists has been completely erased (on all devices). Anyone have any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Fired up Spotify just a moment ago, and one of my more listened-to playlists has been completely erased (on all devices). Anyone have any ideas? 
  • Tetshi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Changes (extra bullet points added onto the reddit post)

If you're looking to downgrade, there's a post to prevent auto-update here (Mac only, sorry) Whilst googling for a way to install a previous version of Spotify, I found this changelog posted on another site. It's a simple, brief way to see the ridicu...

• Roadie
  • If you're looking to downgrade, there's a post to prevent auto-update here (Mac only, sorry)   Whilst googling for a way to install a previous version of Spotify, I found this changelog p...
  • drakmin
  • 9 replies
  • 17 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 17 likes

They hid the IDEAS forum!!!

Where is the IDEAS forum?!Did you get so much booing in that forum that you had to close it? You are embarrassing yourselves!People DO NOT INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION.It is a non functional product that removed all the features from the previous versi...

• Roadie
  • Where is the IDEAS forum?! Did you get so much booing in that forum that you had to close it?   You are embarrassing yourselves! People DO NOT INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION. It is a non ...
  • Zephyr
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Tuning into a radio station interrupts ads, bug?

This may not be an issue with spotify but more of an exploit if you want to skip ads, anyway: While an ad is playing you can simply skip that ad as well as any consecutive ad by tuning into one of the personal radio stations. So for someone who reall...

• This may not be an issue with spotify but more of an exploit if you want to skip ads, anyway:   While an ad is playing you can simply skip that ad as well as any consecutive ad by tuning into ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify censoring feedback!

Spotify has repeatedly altered the title of my posts and removed comments that are helpful to other customers, because they give constructive criticism about the horrible features in the new 1.0.1 update. Who else censors people??? NAZIS.

• Roadie
  • Spotify has repeatedly altered the title of my posts and removed comments that are helpful to other customers, because they give constructive criticism about the horrible features in the new 1.0.1 up...
  • zacharysettle
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify 1.0.1 is Horrible - How to use old version!!!

Clearly everyone agrees, the new Spotify update has destroyed the service and makes most of us want to cancel our subscriptions. Spotify has removed Apps, removed the Ctrl+F Search function, removed the Minimize-To-Tray setting, and is also experienc...

• Roadie
  • Clearly everyone agrees, the new Spotify update has destroyed the service and makes most of us want to cancel our subscriptions. Spotify has removed Apps, removed the Ctrl+F Search function, removed ...
  • zacharysettle
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Collaborative Playlist Bug

Me and my friends have created a collaborative playlist. According to Spotify the collaborative playlists should be private. The playlist I have created does not show up on my profile but if you look at a followers profile it shows up as a public pla...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ou look at a followers profile it shows up as a public playlist. Anyone can technically get access to the playlist through this method. The playlist should either show up on everyones profile as a public...
  • broanlovespanda
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hate recent update? Here is how to downgrade

Good people at Wired posted detailed instruction how to downgrade to last usable desktop Spotify client: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-03/12/how-to-downgrade-spotify Please follow the receipe in all details to also disable auto-update feat...

• Casual Listener
  • Good people at Wired posted detailed instruction how to downgrade to last usable desktop Spotify client:   http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-03/12/how-to-downgrade-spotify   Plea...
  • DJ_Palmis
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Linux (Kubuntu) Thumbs-up in radio skips to next track. Desktop only, not mobile.

In the past few weeks, I've been having a problem where when I thumbs-up a track on the radio, it skips to the next track (as if I had thumbs-down'ed the track). However, when I check my "Liked from Radio" playlist, the track I wanted to Thumbs-Up ha...

• Gig Goer
  • In the past few weeks, I've been having a problem where when I thumbs-up a track on the radio, it skips to the next track (as if I had thumbs-down'ed the track).  However, when I check my "Liked...
  • paviel
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't Make Me Think

Hello. I was wondering if the good people of Spotify have read the book: Don't Make Me Think by Steve Kurg? Sometimes I find that the program is not intuitive enough. For example, it was fustrating to spend a lot of time looking for the new History b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I was wondering if the good people of Spotify have read the book: Don't Make Me Think by Steve Kurg?   Sometimes I find that the program is not intuitive enough. For example, it was fus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacement for Pitchfork app - refeedify.com

if you were a fan of the pitchfork/any other review site app, check out www.refeedify.com - it does the same thing for an aggregate of album review sites and works on tablet/mobile as well.

• Casual Listener
  • if you were a fan of the pitchfork/any other review site app, check out www.refeedify.com - it does the same thing for an aggregate of album review sites and works on tablet/mobile as well.
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Playlist doesnt remember position of song currently playing after update

So before when I listened to a song and switched playlists or search another song, or whatever, and clicked again on the playlist, the position was on this song. Now it just loads the playlist again from the top. This is very annoying with big playli...

• So before when I listened to a song and switched playlists or search another song, or whatever, and clicked again on the playlist, the position was on this song. Now it just loads the playlist again ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any sort of beta testing or quality control for your updates?

Do you even have beta testers? I can't get it through my head how this update went live, i imagine you must have had meetings about this... "The search function... Useless! Get rid of it!" "System tray? Useless!" "Volume slider on the right" I don't ...

• Do you even have beta testers? I can't get it through my head how this update went live, i imagine you must have had meetings about this...   "The search function... Useless! Get rid of it!" ...
  • hansgoed
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Desktop Beta for Linux?

Hi there!I'd like to know if there are any plans to extend the beta desktop preview to Linux users. I know that Spotify still considers the Linux desktop app a "technical preview", but it was stated many times here and elsewhere that several Spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi there! I'd like to know if there are any plans to extend the beta desktop preview to Linux users. I know that Spotify still considers the Linux desktop app a "technical preview", but it was sta...
  • cHagHi
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Will Christmas come early for Linux users?

Hello everyone, There's been quite a bit of development on the Windows and portable versions of Spotify over the last six months, but none of these have made their way to the Linux version to date. What's the status on the development of the Linux ve...

• Hello everyone,   There's been quite a bit of development on the Windows and portable versions of Spotify over the last six months, but none of these have made their way to the Linux version...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's only concern is the mobile market

Have you seen what @spotifycares is spamming to everyone complaing about.the loss of apps in the desktop? @everyonecomplaining: Hey, sorry to hear you’re disappointed. With the growing importance of mobile, we need to turn more of our attention to ma...

• Roadie
  • Have you seen what @spotifycares is spamming to everyone complaing about.the loss of apps in the desktop?   @everyonecomplaining: Hey, sorry to hear you’re disappointed. With the growing imp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[PSA] Current changelog (fixed edition!)

Apps removed (this is a planned removal and will not be returning) Activity feed redesigned (now emphasizes social aspects over the music they are listening to) Closing spotify with the "X" now exits the application Top Charts has replaced Top Tracks...

• Gig Goer
  • Apps removed (this is a planned removal and will not be returning) Activity feed redesigned (now emphasizes social aspects over the music they are listening to) Closing spotify with the "X" now e...
  • Tebby
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes