Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Community Legend
  • ckier
  • Visitor
  • 24 replies
  • 37 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 37 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

Desktop Beta for Linux?

Hi there!I'd like to know if there are any plans to extend the beta desktop preview to Linux users. I know that Spotify still considers the Linux desktop app a "technical preview", but it was stated many times here and elsewhere that several Spotify ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi there! I'd like to know if there are any plans to extend the beta desktop preview to Linux users. I know that Spotify still considers the Linux desktop app a "technical preview", but it was sta...
  • cHagHi
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Will Christmas come early for Linux users?

Hello everyone, There's been quite a bit of development on the Windows and portable versions of Spotify over the last six months, but none of these have made their way to the Linux version to date. What's the status on the development of the Linux ve...

• Hello everyone,   There's been quite a bit of development on the Windows and portable versions of Spotify over the last six months, but none of these have made their way to the Linux version...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's only concern is the mobile market

Have you seen what @spotifycares is spamming to everyone complaing about.the loss of apps in the desktop? @everyonecomplaining: Hey, sorry to hear you’re disappointed. With the growing importance of mobile, we need to turn more of our attention to ma...

• Roadie
  • Have you seen what @spotifycares is spamming to everyone complaing about.the loss of apps in the desktop?   @everyonecomplaining: Hey, sorry to hear you’re disappointed. With the growing imp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[PSA] Current changelog (fixed edition!)

Apps removed (this is a planned removal and will not be returning) Activity feed redesigned (now emphasizes social aspects over the music they are listening to) Closing spotify with the "X" now exits the application Top Charts has replaced Top Tracks...

• Gig Goer
  • Apps removed (this is a planned removal and will not be returning) Activity feed redesigned (now emphasizes social aspects over the music they are listening to) Closing spotify with the "X" now e...
  • Tebby
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Revert to 0.8.5 until development team and management has been fired for their incompetence!

Guide: http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/music/4430815 Take back your freedom. Maybe they will change their mind and revert to a usable client. In the meantime, I'll be looking for alternatives. I'm fed up with this!

• Roadie
  • Guide:   http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/music/4430815   Take back your freedom. Maybe they will change their mind and revert to a usable client. In the meantime, I'll be...
  • Halcyon442
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Wow, Spotify themselves are really staying away from this forum...

Not one single response or comment anywhere about the obvious mistake of releasing an alpha version to the public. Do they even read this? Does anyone even bother?

• Roadie
  • Not one single response or comment anywhere about the obvious mistake of releasing an alpha version to the public. Do they even read this? Does anyone even bother? 
  • Halcyon442
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Controls do not appear in Ubuntu matte.

Operative System: Ubuntu Desktop: Mate Not see the controls of reproduction in Ubuntu Mate. See screenshot

Captura de pantalla de 2015-03-10 12:34:29.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Operative System: Ubuntu Desktop: Mate     Not see the controls of reproduction in Ubuntu Mate.   See screenshot 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

About the App removal

Honestly, i am sad. The apps where the biggest thing that that made spotify unique, i am sure you checked your data, so i just assume that they werent used enough. But you NEED to replace them somehow, or you will most likely loose customers (at leas...

•   Honestly,   i am sad.   The apps where the biggest thing that that made spotify unique, i am sure you checked your data, so i just assume that they werent used enough. ...
  • Sylox
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

[Linux] minor issues

I couldn't find any appropriate topic to complain about some issues with linux version that I think aren't present in the Windows counterpart 1. If spotify is on, computer shutdown lasts about 10-20 seconds more.When I exit spotify manually everythin...

• Casual Listener
  • I couldn't find any appropriate topic to complain about some issues with linux version that I think aren't present in the Windows counterpart   1. If spotify is on, computer shutdown lasts a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing radio in Genre Stations list

I just realized today, that "Trance" radio station got removed from "Genre Stations" in radio page of desktop client (Linux), I mean bottom of the page. But it is visible in "Your stations". I've got heavily confused about this today (how to code wit...

• I just realized today, that "Trance" radio station got removed from "Genre Stations" in radio page of desktop client (Linux), I mean bottom of the page. But it is visible in "Your stations". I've got...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Remove artist from Your Music?

I'm posting this here even though I have the same problem when I use the web player and the Android app (as well as the Linux desktop client). I have two artists in Your Music that I want to delete. I no longer have any saved tracks by these artists,...

• I'm posting this here even though I have the same problem when I use the web player and the Android app (as well as the Linux desktop client).   I have two artists in Your Music that I want ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I browse my saved album ?

Hello, Is there a way to browse and narrow down my research, when searching for a specific album into my saved "albums" library? I found that cmd+cntrl+F helps when into a playlist or into the "Songs" library, but what about the "Albums" and the "Art...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Is there a way to browse and narrow down my research, when searching for a specific album into my saved "albums" library? I found that cmd+cntrl+F helps when into a playlist or in...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Forgotten email

I set up a premium spotify account for a business in October. We recently got logged out of it and now can't remember which email address was used to set it up. I have tried both of me email addresses but they are both personal spotify accounts, not ...

• I set up a premium spotify account for a business in October.  We recently got logged out of it and now can't remember which email address was used to set it up.  I have tried both of me em...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback skipping to next track and then pausing

I am having problems listening to music while scrolling through the list of albums of an arist. E.g, if I listen to the most popular track of an artist then start scrolling down the page to look at some earlier albums, before clicking on anything, th...

• Roadie
  • I am having problems listening to music while scrolling through the list of albums of an arist. E.g, if I listen to the most popular track of an artist then start scrolling down the page to look at s...
  • jako4avain
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Dieser Radiosender kann leider nicht gestartet werden

Hallo zusammen, ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher ob das hier der richtige Weg ist um mein Prolem zu lösen. Leider kann ich auf der Spotify-Homepage keine vernünftige Unterstützung finden. Ich spiele seit Ewigkeiten den gleichen Radiosender ab. Seit ein ...

• Hallo zusammen,   ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher ob das hier der richtige Weg ist um mein Prolem zu lösen. Leider kann ich auf der Spotify-Homepage keine vernünftige Unterstützung finden. &...
  • Mydgard6
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 5 days ago Linux versions started to segfault after 2 minutes of playing

example log: content-type missing in HTTP POST, defaulting to application/x-www-form-urlencoded. Use QNetworkRequest::setHeader() to fix this problem.11:25:47.707 I [ApplicationPage.cpp:66 ] Unloading application browse.11:25:47.707 I [AppManager.cpp...

• Music Fan
  • example log:   content-type missing in HTTP POST, defaulting to application/x-www-form-urlencoded. Use QNetworkRequest::s etHeader() to fix this problem. 11:25:47.707 I [ApplicationPag...
  • actionless
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify put one song for another windows

The problem is in the album Ella Fitzgerald – All Of Me but it plays other song of the album "A Jazz Portrait of Frank Sinatra" the song is All of me, but she is not Ella Fitzgerald and even that song is in my playlist since 2013, but isn't the same....

• The problem is in the album  Ella Fitzgerald – All Of Me but it plays other song of the album "A Jazz Portrait of Frank Sinatra" the song is All of me, but she is not Ella Fitzgerald and ev...
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where can I delete devices no longer active?

Ohai! So, I have many devices on which I run Spotify: My Samsung SmartTV, My Galaxy S4, My Galaxy Tab and last but not least, my Ubuntu LTS desktop. However, since I'm a tinkerer, I often switched devices, I previously had a Galaxy S3 and I used to r...

• Music Fan
  • Ohai! So, I have many devices on which I run Spotify: My Samsung SmartTV, My Galaxy S4, My Galaxy Tab and last but not least, my Ubuntu LTS desktop. However, since I'm a tinkerer, I often switche...
  • TypischTypetje
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug Report][Linux] - Activity, Top Lists, Radio, etc broken after system update

System: Linux Ubuntu 14.04. Date: 2015-02-20 First Observed: 2015-02-12 (ish) After a recent update to the Ubuntu core, amongst other things, the Activity, Browse, Search, Follow, Top List portions of the Spotify stopped working. Pretty much ever pan...

• System: Linux Ubuntu 14.04. Date: 2015-02-20 First Observed: 2015-02-12 (ish)   After a recent update to the Ubuntu core, amongst other things, the Activity, Browse, Search, Follow, Top ...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sending garbage to HTTP Proxy

Hey there, I found out that if Spotify is configured to use HTTPS Proxy, it sends garbage to it. Spotify plays its songs fine, tho, but now and then some cover art, buttons or stuff is missing, and the proxy logs get filled with "invalid request" log...

• Roadie
  • Hey there,   I found out that if Spotify is configured to use HTTPS Proxy, it sends garbage to it. Spotify plays its songs fine, tho, but now and then some cover art, buttons or stuff is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes