Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

Starred, Favorite Song Playlist, Liked from Radio and so on.. Very inconsistent and confusing

First of all there seems a "Starred" section, which seems to have no function at the moment. I created my own favorite song playlist where i save my favorite songs into.I also very often listening to Radio Stations. To improve a Radio Station you can...

• Music Fan
  • First of all there seems a "Starred" section, which seems to have no function at the moment. I created my own favorite song playlist where i save my favorite songs into. I also very often listenin...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Are apps being discontinued forever?

Does anyone know if 3rd party apps are being discontinued forever or just temorarily? I can't tell if they are just discontinuing the current API/SDK so that they can release a new API/SDK(like what they released for iOS/Android), or if they are actu...

• Music Fan
  • Does anyone know if 3rd party apps are being discontinued forever or just temorarily? I can't tell if they are just discontinuing the current API/SDK so that they can release a new API/SDK(like ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio does not work at Linux, version 0.9.4.183.g644e24e0.

Also, maybe it's time for a new build? 0.9.4.183.g644e24e0 is the newest version yet its About tab still says `Copyright 2013` In attachements: Screen that shows up when I try to listen to radio, the loading symbol just keeps spinning forever, that s...

• Regular
  • Also, maybe it's time for a new build? 0.9.4.183.g644e24e0 is the newest version yet its About tab still says `Copyright 2013`   In attachements: Screen that shows up when I try to list...
  • dpetka2001
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs up breaks radio station

running the latest archlinux using the aur spotify build which is based on http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify/spotify-client_0.9.11.27.g2b1a638.81-1.deb The issue is: after clicking thumbs up the station breaks and can't be resumed...

• running the latest archlinux using the aur spotify build which is based on http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify/spotify-client_0.9.11.27.g2b1a638.81-1.deb   The issue is:...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files

Why is Spotify so horrible when it comes to syncing local files to any device??? Is it really that hard to copy a couple files to my phone without there being any major issues? It's been months now and I still can never get any of my files to correct...

• Music Fan
  • Why is Spotify so horrible when it comes to syncing local files to any device??? Is it really that hard to copy a couple files to my phone without there being any major issues? It's been months now a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange graphic remnants after/during scroll

I'm using the Linux preview on Ubuntu 14.04LTS and I've noticed that sometimes when I scroll down within a playlist, the scrollbar jumps back up as if I hadn't scrolled and there are some strange graphical remnants from the interface that overlap the...

• I'm using the Linux preview on Ubuntu 14.04LTS and I've noticed that sometimes when I scroll down within a playlist, the scrollbar jumps back up as if I hadn't scrolled and there are some strange gra...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

equalizer

I bought a bluetooth headset to use while I'm at work but the equalizer won't let me do anything in advanced only in basic .. it says it don't support bluetooth anybody know what I could do ??

• I bought a bluetooth headset to use while I'm at work but the equalizer won't let me do anything in advanced only in basic .. it says it don't support bluetooth anybody know what I could do ??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook Playlist Share Broken

I am with a Church and on Mondays we used to share our playlists on our Facebook page but for the past couple of months this has been broken and no longer shows as a nice interactive link like shown before: Now it just shows as a basic link. I also n...

Facebook Share Working
  • Casual Listener
  • I am with a Church and on Mondays we used to share our playlists on our Facebook page but for the past couple of months this has been broken and no longer shows as a nice interactive link like shown ...
  • mysummitlife
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover has No Suggestions, Can't Tell I've Been Listening to Music

Whenever I access the Discover tab it always tells me to "listen to something [I] love", and it will add suggestions. I've had spotify for about a week now, and it has yet to suggest anything. Is this a glitch, or is there something that I'm supposed...

• Whenever I access the Discover tab it always tells me to "listen to something [I] love", and it will add suggestions. I've had spotify for about a week now, and it has yet to suggest anything. Is thi...
  • hdarjus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Client Eating CPU Cycles

The Spotify client on my PC is hitting my 4 core CPU extremely hard. Sometimes the CPU utilisation is up to 75% (ie 3 whole CPUs). The fan starts whirring like mad. This makes Spotify almost unusable. I am running the Windows client on Linux under Wi...

• Music Fan
  • The Spotify client on my PC is hitting my 4 core CPU extremely hard. Sometimes the CPU utilisation is up to 75% (ie 3 whole CPUs). The fan starts whirring like mad. This makes Spotify almost unusable...
  • CGordonSmith
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Linux Windows Dualboot

Hey guys , uhm I know there is a 3 device limit on spotify offline play. But I was wondering something. You see I have my Offline tracks on my phone , on my windows , on my tablet. I wanted to use it as well as my Linux boot isn't there anyway that I...

• Hey guys , uhm I know there is a 3 device limit on spotify offline play. But I was wondering something. You see I have my Offline tracks on my phone , on my windows , on my tablet. I wanted to use it...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback on Spotify on Chrome on Linux stopped working

Hi, I'm having an issue with playback: whenever I start playing a list/radio, it just plays one song and then stops. Also, if I start playing that song, none of the pause buttons work so I can't stop it. Next and previous work. I'm not sure how to re...

• Hi,   I'm having an issue with playback: whenever I start playing a list/radio, it just plays one song and then stops. Also, if I start playing that song, none of the pause buttons work so I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to enqueue a whole album/playlist?

Hey, seems like there is no way to enqueue a whole album or playlist? I'm using the Linux Desktop client, and it seems there is only an option to play the album. Usually I have a song playing that I want to finish playing, and then have a certain pla...

• Music Fan
  • Hey,   seems like there is no way to enqueue a whole album or playlist? I'm using the Linux Desktop client, and it seems there is only an option to play the album.   Usually I have ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Adverts in Premium, again

So i've never seen merchandise advertising before, so I don't know if this is a recent thing, but i was wondering how people felt about it? Do people any any more examples of stuff being sold like this? I can see that perhaps bands being able to sell...

2015-01-13 10_59_32-Spotify.jpg 2015-01-13 10_53_08-Spotify.jpg
  • Roadie
  • So i've never seen merchandise advertising before, so I don't know if this is a recent thing, but i was wondering how people felt about it?   Do people any any more examples of stuff being s...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

What do we want! We want it NOW!

Hi there, After the past few updates I am starting to get pis*** off at Spotify! I am torn between using the new beta version and the old version, just the current version is nothing of what I want. The features I am looking for in the next Spotify r...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   After the past few updates I am starting to get pis*** off at Spotify! I am torn between using the new beta version and the old version, just the current version is nothing of wh...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

[Linux] Remote control

Hi all!When We can expect a remote control for linux application from mobiles :)?From Windows it's working great! But unforunetly Linux haven't this function...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all! When We can expect a remote control for linux application from mobiles :)? From Windows it's working great! But unforunetly Linux haven't this function...
  • olejon
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend activity list missing on all Spotify installs

Hi all, My friend activity list has been missing for about 6 months now. That whole sidebar is simply missing. I have Spotify on Windows, Mac, and a linux machine. On all three versions, the friend's activity list is missing. I'm following ~70 facebo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,    My friend activity list has been missing for about 6 months now. That whole sidebar is simply missing. I have Spotify on Windows, Mac, and a linux machine. On all three ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

[Linux] Shadow bug in popup menu.

Hello, I enjoy Spotify Preview on my Ubuntu machine for a while and I have noticed a bug which is not annoying but still... Under popup menu - where I get notification - is shadow bug which - i guess - you could easly fix. You can see what I am talki...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I enjoy Spotify Preview on my Ubuntu machine for a while and I have noticed a bug which is not annoying but still...   Under popup menu - where I get notification - is shadow bug whic...
  • Corgeance
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Linux gui deadlock on adding source

Spotify Console output: Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath) Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)00:35:06.665 E [watchdog.cpp:173 ] Deadlock detecte...

• Visitor
  • Spotify Console output: Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath) Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectP...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with UI rendering in Linux with AMD graphics

Hello, I have a ui rendering problem in Linux. so it's hard to choose music. I use Linux Mint 17 with Cinnamon,in the previous version of the Spotify Preview it was working without render fails. System informations Spotify 0.9.10.17 Linux Mint 17 wit...

spotify_render1.png spotify_render2.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a ui rendering problem in Linux. so it's hard to choose music.       I use Linux Mint 17 with Cinnamon, in the previous version of the Spotify Previe...
  • ppetipe
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes