Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

play.spotify.com tells me spotify hasn't started yet, when using firefox

Solved!

play.spotify.com tells me spotify hasn't started yet, when using firefox

When i visit play.spotify.com using firefox, i cannot login and the page tells me, spotify hasn't started yet in my country (which isn't true for germany and shouldn't matter as i do not want to sign up for a new account, but use an existing one). When using chromium, it works, but it tells me flash does not work (that's why i want to use firefox, where flash works better). Why does the LOGIN page (not SIGN UP) check this anyway?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @_allo_,

Your current location is the one that mattersm that's how internet works after all 🙂 . You will have to use German http proxy, there are planty of free proxies for that out there.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @_allo_,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

It's because some of the label/legal owners doesn't want their content to be available in some of the countries.

As for the Firefox issue, can you visit this website and see if the country you are in is indeed Germany?

It indeed tells me stockholm, because this computer is currently behind a hotspot shield (vpn), but the account was registered from a german network, so it should know i am from germany after login, if it would let me login.

And with chrome it does recognize, that it's germany here, only firefox does not. The problem is, this chromium does not have working flash and spotify seems not yet to support html5 audio.

Marked as solution

Hello @_allo_,

Your current location is the one that mattersm that's how internet works after all 🙂 . You will have to use German http proxy, there are planty of free proxies for that out there.

Meh. With the risk again, that somebody steals my login data ... I would have thought the profile could store my nationality. But thanks for the answer.

Suggested posts