Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ad-adsmatte virus in browse section in spotify mac version

Ad-adsmatte virus in browse section in spotify mac version

Hello,

I am using spotify on mac with up-to-date version. I guess my system was infected with some malware which cause my browser to open and connect to some website called "ad-admattes" (than directing to other ad sites) when I click anything on spotify browser section.

I have tried many antivirus programs but they did not find anything. I guess the virus is infected from the network I connected but only in spotify app, I can detect this problem, there seems no problem with the browsers (safari+chrome).

I wanted to completely remove and reinstall spotify, however I cannot find the cache files on mac. In Library folder under Application Support and Cache folders, there is no file/folder relating to spotify. When I search all the system there seems no cache files relating to spotify. However when I reinstall the spotify, it remember my account information so I guess the cache files remain. 

I think the virus is attached to spotify files. How can I completely delete spotfiy from the system? Is there anyone having this issue? 

Any help would be happly welcomed.

Best,

Ozhan

3 Replies

I have run into people that have pop up ads, but not any situation like yours. I'm on a MacBook Air, and I can see the Application Support files and the Caches. Is it psosible that Spotify's folders are somehow hidden?

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

The virus may hide the real cache files. Could you tell the exact steps how you reached the cache files?

Hey there! I know it's been a while, but I recently became a Rock Star, so I've been going through all my old posts to make sure they've all been given closure.

To reach the cache files, you should hold Alt down, then go to Library>Caches.

Good luck!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts