Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Your recomendation system is kind of broken

[All Platforms][Playlists] Your recomendation system is kind of broken

Hello Spotify Team and fellow Music Streamers,

So to explain what i think should be changed i have toto expla first what i did. To simplify things i will call the genres A and B

I made a playlist with songs of two different genres (A and B) and after a while i decided that those two genres didnt fit that well in a single playlist.

So i made another playlist where i put genre B and kept the other playlist but with only genre A. In the new playlist everything is fine, but in my old playlist i always get those songs, wich i have deleted from the playlist as recomendations to add into the playlist and other songs songs of genre B. I tried making a new playlist with the same songs, but it still keeps recomending songs from the other playlist.

Now i have 2 playlists that recomend me the same kind of songs and no playlist that recomends me songs from the genre A.

So my idea would be, if you delete a song from your playlist it can't show up in your recomendations anymore (for that playlist) and if you delete a playlist all data about the songs in the playlist is gone too, so that you wont get the same wrong recomendations if you put them in a new playlist

hopefully you can do something about that

yours Trashokahn

1 Reply

Hi there!

I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange and explain it further how would you like this feature to work.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Happy New Year! 🙂

Suggested posts