Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Add support for Google ChromeCast in MacOS app

My Question or IssueI'd like to be able to connect to my Chromecast enabled devices (Chromecast audio) directly through the MacOS app and not have to use the iOS app to do this.Currently, I can only see 'Spotify Connect' enabled devices in the 'Conne...

•   My Question or Issue I'd like to be able to connect to my Chromecast enabled devices (Chromecast audio) directly through the MacOS app and not have to use the iOS app to do this. Currentl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Mac desktop client showing password as username

Hello,I signed up for a free account, and when using the Mac desktop client (2015 Macbook Pro 15", High Sierra (10.13.6)), it displays my password where the username should be. Also, it does not accept my username when logging in; I must use my email...

• Hello, I signed up for a free account, and when using the Mac desktop client (2015 Macbook Pro 15", High Sierra (10.13.6)), it displays my password where the username should be.   Also, it...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Whenever I click on an album it doesn't even load at all

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiMac (late 2015)Operating SystemOS Mojave My Question or IssueI've had this problem where about 80% of the time, I go to click on an album or even search something up, but the album or search result just won't load at...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device iMac (late 2015) Operating System OS Mojave   My Question or Issue I've had this problem where about 80% of the time, I go to click on an album or...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrapped 2018 playlist not representative

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 8, Macbook Air & IPad Air 2)Operating System(iOS 12) Hi Spotify,I didnt receive an email based on the 2018 wrapped stats. I have been a member of spotify for over a year but only verified today. I searched up the ...

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 4.38.57 pm.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device iPhone 8, Macbook Air & IPad Air 2) Operating System (iOS 12)     Hi Spotify, I didnt receive an email based on the 2018 wrapped stats. I h...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

strawberries and cigarettes - troye sivan/love, simon

hi so where did my top song of the year disappear to who do i contact? sges gone from everyones spotify but i can still play hder from my phone but not mine or anyone elses laptop/device. help. PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands ]

• Casual Listener
  • hi so where did my top song of the year disappear to who do i contact? sges gone from everyones spotify but i can still play hder from my phone but not mine or anyone elses laptop/device. help. ...
  • goodcliches
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes

Lower the ad volume

My Question or Issue Its a pretty awful strategy to annoy people into paying for your service. The ads are intentionally too loud for that purpose and you know that. Its ridiculous.

•   My Question or Issue  Its a pretty awful strategy to annoy people into paying for your service. The ads are intentionally too loud for that purpose and you know that. Its ridiculous.
  • Taitsu
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast not connecting

I've been able to connect to my chromecast devices through spotify connect in the past, but as of yesterday, I haven't been able to connect to any chromecast device. I've rebooted everything and tested other apps with the chromecasts, and they seemed...

• I've been able to connect to my chromecast devices through spotify connect in the past, but as of yesterday, I haven't been able to connect to any chromecast device. I've rebooted everything and...
  • Colin_S
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist View Track Sort Order

Most of my music collection consists of orchestral music. A big issue is the order of movements are reversed. A symphony album will be sorted from IV - III - II - I. You do not listen to a symphony in reverse order for gods sake. There is no way to s...

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 10.43.49 AM.png
  •   Most of my music collection consists of orchestral music. A big issue is the order of movements are reversed. A symphony album will be sorted from IV - III - II - I. You do not listen to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sort by title/artist/album/time/popularity then playing a song not working

Plan: PremiumCountry:Australia Device:MacBook Air Early 2015Operating System:iOS 10 My Question or Issue: Hi,Whenever I sort an artist's Songs by either title, artist, album, time or popularity, and then I select a song, it does not play the correct ...

• Plan:  Premium Country: Australia  Device: MacBook Air Early 2015 Operating System: iOS 10   My Question or Issue:   Hi, Whenever I sort an artist's Songs by either ti...
  • coolpanama
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

[Desktop MAC] Wrong user name after update

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceMacBook Pro Early 2015Operating SystemMojave 10.14.1 My Question or Issue After upgrading Spotify to version 1.0.95.289.g342899da my user name displayed in the app was changed, as you can see in the following screenshot....

Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 12.08.28.png
  • Plan Premium Country France Device MacBook Pro Early 2015 Operating System Mojave 10.14.1   My Question or Issue  After upgrading Spotify to version 1.0.95.289.g342899da my u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play local files

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone 7+ iOS 12.1, MBP 15" High Sierra This issue happens regardless of the device I'm playing. Simply put, when I try to play a song in Spotify that is a song I have saved locally, it will not play. I get the error...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone 7+ iOS 12.1, MBP 15" High Sierra   This issue happens regardless of the device I'm playing. Simply put, when I try to play a song in Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot show full podcast lists

PlanFreeDeviceMacbook Pro mid-2015Operating SystemmacOS 10.14.1My Question or Issue From Android version, I can see that I subscribed many podcasts: BUT, at macOS version, I can only see six, I cannot find others!!

android.jpg WechatIMG48.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Device Macbook Pro mid-2015 Operating System macOS 10.14.1 My Question or Issue   From Android version, I can see that I subscribed many podcasts:   BUT, at macOS ve...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] Elysian artist page conflates at least two different artists.

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.1, repeatable on Pixel 2 XL Android Pie My Question or Issue Navigating to the Elysian artist page through search, or navigating by artist name in other playlists leads to an artist page with differ...

image.png
  •   Plan Premium Country US   Device MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.1, repeatable on Pixel 2 XL Android Pie   My Question or Issue  Navigating to the Elysian artist page through...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Spotify song from Slack

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDevice(Macbook Pro late 2014)Operating System(MACOS 10.14) Going off of this question, when using Slack, is there a way that I can click the 'play' button and have it play the full song within the Slack client? Current...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device (Macbook Pro late 2014) Operating System (MACOS 10.14)   Going off of this question, when using Slack, is there a way that I can click th...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify on Google Home

Hi: Just bought a Google Home Hub and I am on the free Spotify platform. I have an android phone. The Home app says it is linked to Spotify but when I ask the Hub to play Spotify, it shows the launch of the app but the load never resolves. All I see ...

•   Hi:   Just bought a Google Home Hub and I am on the free Spotify platform.  I have an android phone.   The Home app says it is linked to Spotify but when I ask the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! High memory usage

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceMac Mini Late 2014Operating SystemmacOS 10.14.1 My Question or Issue I'm having high memory usage. From time to time I need to restart Spotify to reset it.

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device Mac Mini Late 2014 Operating System macOS 10.14.1   My Question or Issue  I'm having high memory usage. From time to time I need to rest...
  • zappe
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Wi-Fi Issues with Libratone Zipp & Spotify Connect with Macbook Airplay/Android

I couldn't reply to a previous post regarding issues with connecting the Wi-Fi features of the Libratone Zipp to Spotify Connect. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why the Wi-Fi was not connecting to the Zipp via the L...

•   I couldn't reply to a previous post regarding issues with connecting the Wi-Fi features of the Libratone Zipp to Spotify Connect.   I have been banging my head against the wall trying ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Libratone
    Spotify
    Wi-Fi
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't drag song from "Now Playing" in Queue to a playlist

If you're looking at your play queue and try to drag the *Now Playing* song to a playlist, the cursor just says "0 items". You can still click the "..." on the song to add it to a playlist, but dragging should work too. Experienced in 1.0.65.320 on m...

• If you're looking at your play queue and try to drag the *Now Playing* song to a playlist, the cursor just says "0 items". You can still click the "..." on the song to add it to a playlist, but dragg...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot drag a song from the "Now Playing" in the "Play Queue" to a Playlist

Plan: Family/PremiumPlanUSA Device: MacBook Pro 2017Operating System: macOS Mojave 10.14.1 It is not currently possible to drag the song in now playing to a playlist Reproduction steps:Create a playlist (not a shared one if that matters)Begin playing...

• Plan: Family/PremiumPlan USA   Device: MacBook Pro 2017 Operating System: macOS Mojave 10.14.1   It is not currently possible to drag the song in now playing to a playlist &nbsp...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Bug Playlist
    Mac Desktop App
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution All downloaded playlists suddenly reset, all local files missing.

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemMacOSMy Question or IssueSo I was moving a followed playlist within a folder, and immediately after, all my downloaded playlists suddenly registered undownloaded and started downloading ever...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Macbook Air Operating System MacOS My Question or Issue So I was moving a followed playlist within a folder, and immediately after, all my downloaded pl...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes