Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Friend Activity Issue

FreeUSA Macbook Pro early 2015 macOS Sierra I opened Spotify this morning, and only 5 of the 45 total people I follow were displayed under "Friend Activity." I can typically scroll through dozens of friends' listening, but only these 5 are currently ...

• Free USA  Macbook Pro early 2015   macOS Sierra   I opened Spotify this morning, and only 5 of the 45 total people I follow were displayed under "Friend Activity."...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle play only shuffles nearby songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook pro 2018 -> Alexa dot My Question or IssueI have the same issue as the one presented 2 years ago (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Shuffle-only-shuffling-artists-that-begin-with-the-same/td-p/1383885). ...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device Macbook pro 2018 -> Alexa dot   My Question or Issue I have the same issue as the one presented 2 years ago (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Des...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Major memory leak when listening to Podcasts

For months now, if I leave Spotify open overnight, it will gobble up 10s of gigabytes of memory. My machine "only" has 16, so it starts swapping badly. It invariably gets to the point where macOS tells me I'm running out of disk space, which is just ...

spotify-why.png
  • For months now, if I leave Spotify open overnight, it will gobble up 10s of gigabytes of memory. My machine "only" has 16, so it starts swapping badly. It invariably gets to the point where macOS tel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The Searchbar on spotify is broken

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceMacbook Pro (Early 2015)Operating SystemMac OS Mojave My Question or IssueWhen i type a song on spotify the search bar types the song title in reverse order, for example if I type in 'all about the bass' it comes up ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Macbook Pro (Early 2015) Operating System Mac OS Mojave   My Question or Issue When i type a song on spotify the search bar types the song t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Importing a Playlist from iTunes

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemOS Mojave My Question or IssueI recently re-downloaded the Spotify deskop app for Mac. There used to be an option to import iTunes playlists to Spotify, but I can't seem to figure out how ...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System OS Mojave   My Question or Issue I recently re-downloaded the Spotify deskop app for Mac. There used to be an ...
  • slcbear
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Find Friends" not working

I get an endless spinning wheel when trying to locate friends to follow and see what they are listening to. My spotify is connected to my facebook. I even went as far as to delete the app from within facebook, uninstall the mac spotify app, reinstall...

• Regular
  •   I get an endless spinning wheel when trying to locate friends to follow and see what they are listening to. My spotify is connected to my facebook. I even went as far as to delete the app fro...
  • mtcp
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems w/ Stations

I'm using the mac desktop app. In addition to the disappearance of the 'create station' button - which has been covered elsewhere - the 'stations' tab in 'your library' has stopped working. It says on that page, "sorted by recently followed", but the...

• I'm using the mac desktop app. In addition to the disappearance of the 'create station' button - which has been covered elsewhere - the 'stations' tab in 'your library' has stopped working. It s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Radio for Desktop (MAC) goes to playlist, not station

Plan: PremiumCountry: Guatemala DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemmacOS My Question or IssueWhen I search for an artist in the desktop application for mac, I press the three dots at the right of the artist name and click on "Go to Artist Radio". ...

• Plan: Premium Country: Guatemala   Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System macOS   My Question or Issue When I search for an artist in the desktop application for mac,&n...
  • Chrisseh
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Mac Book app does not play songs

I am using MacBook latest release (2018), when I press the play the song is not advancing...any song...

• Casual Listener
  •   I am using MacBook latest release (2018), when I press the play the song is not advancing...any song...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Pictures won't load for certain album covers and playlists

I was having issues with albums and playlists loading. I deleted my cache and did a clean reinstall. This seems to have solved the problem of the music loading, but has created a new problem. All of the album covers are loading for the albums that I ...

•   I was having issues with albums and playlists loading. I deleted my cache and did a clean reinstall. This seems to have solved the problem of the music loading, but has created a new problem....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Edit Local File Information

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(Macbook Pro early 2015)Operating System(Mac OS Mojave) My Question or Issue I cant see the album art for my local files on my mac but the artwork shows up on my iphone. How can I make the artwork show up on the desktop ap...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device (Macbook Pro early 2015) Operating System (Mac OS Mojave)   My Question or Issue  I cant see the album art for my local files on my m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Radio on MacOS

Plan PremiumCountry USADevice Macbook Pro mid 2018 My Question or IssueIt appears that my installation of Spotify does not support radio stations. I can create a "Radio Playlist" for an artist (and presumably for a song) but that just generates a sta...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook Pro mid 2018   My Question or Issue It appears that my installation of Spotify does not support radio stations. I can create a "Radio ...
  • safetypinner
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify >> Multiple Speakers >> MacBook Air

Hi there, To date I have used Airfoil to broadcast music from Spotify off of my MacBook Air to a hodge podge of Airplay connected speakers in my apartment. I've used my iPhone to broadcast to multiple speakers via Airplay with the relatively recent i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   To date I have used Airfoil to broadcast music from Spotify off of my MacBook Air to a hodge podge of Airplay connected speakers in my apartment.   I've used ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I hid the album cover and can not show it again

Hi, I click the maximize icon on the playing now album cover, normally it was getting bigger but this time it's completely hidden. There is no any icon or setting to show it again. Can you help me, please? P.s: I removed the whole cache folder conten...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I click the maximize icon on the playing now album cover, normally it was getting bigger but this time it's completely hidden. There is no any icon or setting to show it again. Can you h...
  • anl2282
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Error Failed to load Radio-Cant make playlists from songs

I've tried three times to resolve this with chat support, all to no avail. And no follow up.It wasn't my point in the first 3 attempts going into this issue but I'm starting to feel like asking for some money back, on this on what I am notified today...

• Regular
  • I've tried three times to resolve this with chat support, all to no avail. And no follow up. It wasn't my point in the first 3 attempts going into this issue but I'm st...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

local files can't be played or queued; no error message displayed

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice MacBook Pro 2009Operating System: MacOSX 10.10.5 My Question or Issue:Just installed Spotify's Desktop app, added a folder to the local files list, and while all the mp3 files there are displayed, largely with the corr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device MacBook Pro 2009 Operating System: MacOSX 10.10.5   My Question or Issue: Just installed Spotify's Desktop app, added a folder to the local files lis...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Go Back To Original (Spotify) Location for Downloaded/Offline files, Mac

I'm new and quite ignorant here but -- because I'm a reluctant Spotify user in the first place and I dislike streaming in general, I decided to try some downloading music files and using them offline (On my MacBook). Then after I had downloaded sever...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm new and quite ignorant here but -- because I'm a reluctant Spotify user in the first place and I dislike streaming in general, I decided to try some downloading music files and using them offline...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops after viewing mp4 files, anyone got a fix?

So, whenever Im playing some smooth tunes in the background and groovin out and all, while going through video footage everything is good. Except it aint cos the music just stops when the videos stop, so im sitting here flicking dicks and clips and b...

•     So, whenever Im playing some smooth tunes in the background and groovin out and all, while going through video footage everything is good.   Except it aint cos the music just s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Macbook Spotify Not Syncing?

I use last.fm and have my spotify synced to my discord account and when i'm using spotify on my phone both discord and last.fm show me listening to the songs but when i'm listening on my macbook pro none of the data syncs even though i'm logged into ...

• Casual Listener
  •       I use last.fm and have my spotify synced to my discord account and when i'm using spotify on my phone both discord and last.fm show me listening to the songs but when i'm li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music-Jumps-skips-likes-it-is-a-scratched-CD-Every-10secs-or-so

PremiumCountryAustralia DeviceWin 10 PC My Question or IssueI Notice the thread with the same title has been closed as 'solved'.It isnt solved at all. and has started happening to mine as well. A skip every 10-20 seconds. I have tried the 'solutions'...

• Regular
  •   Premium Country Australia   Device Win 10 PC     My Question or Issue I Notice the thread with the same title has been closed as 'solved'. It isnt solved at all. and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • skipping jumping bumping
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes