Plan

Premium

Country

CZ, EU

Device

MacBook M1

Operating System

Big Sur

So Im trying to use the app on my brand new Macbook M1 and the experience is just terrible!
App is loading so long, after that it lags all the time. For example: I want to scroll – app does not respond for several seconds, I want to search, clicking on the search button and nothing happens. App just freezes. I click on the play button and music doesn't play for a while. When I want to skip a song, the artwork and title of previous song remains, but song skips (or not, it depends). Sometimes all the text just mashes into itself, images wont load etc.
I tried to reset, nothing. I tried to reinstall, but the problems are still the same.

This is my last try, I'm really thinking about switching to Apple Music now. Like I've always liked Spotify despite that it has never had a desktop application in its best shape, but this is simply a complete failure and betrayal of customers ... (and the absence of customer support for paying customers etc. only confirms me in this view) 

8 Replies

sorry to hear that, It just works like charm for me though!

Hey @AndreasVX, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try to perform a clean reinstall using the steps from this guide?

If that isn't helping could you try with a different Spotify account?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Same here on my M1 mini. Have to force restart all the time to load or play anything after resuming from sleep. 

Reinstall doesn't work. 

Hey @malthusian1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try the following:

1. Open Finder on your Mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
  2. Go to Application Support > Spotify.
  3. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  4. Restart the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, giving this a shot.

Thanks for the tip, but this didn’t fix it. 

Hey @malthusian1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try reinstalling the app in safe mode to see if that helps?

Just to double-check - does this issue occur only when you try using the app after your Mac was in a sleeping mode?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @AndreasVX, thanks for posting this with the video as well. Could you try if you see the same behaviour when you go to open.spotify.com and log in with your account as well? This could help us isolate the problem.

Suggested posts