Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth speakers and headphones keep cutting out

Bluetooth speakers and headphones keep cutting out

Using spotify app on the mac. Whenever I try and listen to music through a bluetooth device - speaker or headphones - the audio randomly cuts out. The only way to fix it is to press the volume up/down button on my speaker or headphones.

I have tried itunes and youtube, but there is no problem. I've been in touch with customer support from both Ultimate Ears (who make my speaker) and apple, but neither could solve the problem. Then I reasiled it was probably spotify.

4 Replies

Hello fergusaharris,

Have you tried completely removing your bluetooth device and adding it again? You can do this by going to system prefrences > bluetooth. Once in bluetooth select the device, right click and remove it, connect it again after removal.

If this doesn't work you can always try re-installing your application, here's how to do a complete clean install:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

Let us know if this works.

I've already done both of those

Is it only using bluetooth? What happens if you use a wired connection?

Otherwise it's also possible to 'debug' your bluetooth. You can do this with these steps:

1. Select your bluetooth icon in the menu bar while holding Shift + Alt.

2. Select 'Debug' in the menu

3. Select 'Reset Bluetooth Module'

4. Restart your computer.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Only on Bluetooth and alreeady tried that. I've tried everything that has
come up on the internet

Suggested posts