Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Air

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

When trying to log on to spotify using the app I get a message saying I should update my firewall.  I have seen this has occurred to other people.  

I have checked the firewall on my mac and its not enabled.

I checked the firewall on my router and disabled it for a minute  and tried again and that did not help so I switched that firewall on again.

It is a Huwawei 4G mobile route on the EE network (unlimited data).

The strange thing is spotify works fine through the safari browser on the same mac through the same router.

When I went to another private wifi network (at the house I am moving out of) the app worked fine.

Also the spotty app on my iPhone works fine on my new Huwawei router/wifi network (I switched off mobile data to force it onto the wifi)

So the fact the app works on my old fixed broadband suggests its a problem with the Huwawei router but the fact that the app on y phone works through the Huwawei router suggests its an app problem.

Tried to live chat with Huwawei and they suggested I use a web management app?  Not sure about this but it was after this chat I entered the IP address of the router on my web browser and turned off the firewall.

I am now at a loss.  I suspect a compatibility problem between the MacBook app and the Huwawei route but can not be more specific than that I don't knowhow to prove it one way or another 

Sorry I attached screen shot 3 times

1 Reply

Hey @sumonelse,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

This does sound like a connection-related issue and might likely depend on the specific router. But just to confirm, have you already given the relevant suggestions here and here a shot?

Let us know. We'll keep an eye on your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts