NEXT STEP

Contact pof =1800.674.7772 to hide pof profile

You can delete your profile by clicking on "HELP" and then "Delete Account". Be sure to fill out the exit survey before you leave! Click HERE to delete your profile. To hide your profile click HERE.
Hide Your Profile On POF Plenty of Fish Easy

If you want to hiding or removing your profile on Plenty of Fish aka POF is easy to do. For those of you not aware of POF, Plenty of Fish is a free dating site that just about anyone join. You just need to create a profile describing yourself and then start searching profiles for that next significant other in your life.
A profile is generally consists of a photo or photos (optional) of yourself and a description of what you are like and what you are looking for. It can be really revealing, some are extremely revealing both in the pictures and in the descriptions or just a simple description ("I like dining out and the color red, email me sometime." etc)
There are a number of reasons you might consider for taking down your information, at least temporarily, on POF. Here's a couple I thought of but there are many more.

-If you have been on POF a long time you might want to take a break.

-You may have found someone you really like and want to see where things go. Keeping your information up on the site might send the wrong message to this person that you are still 'looking'

One Snafu....You might have someone bothering you and you just want to remove your entire profile from everyone's view until things cool off. Keep in mind though, if they have contacted you (ie they have mail in your inbox) or have you on their favorites list, this won't work. They can still see you. It's a weird thing POF does and I'm not sure why. If someone repeatedly contacts you, can block them from emailing you. Scroll to the bottom of this post and find the link below to learn more about keeping POF members from emailing you.
OK, here are the steps that will let you hide your profile on Plenty of Fish ( POF )
Note... here's an odd update.... as of recently (10/9/13) someone mentioned that you can no hide your profile unless you are an 'upgraded' (ie paying) member. Isn't that strange? So you have to pay to hide your profile. The only workaround I can think for this, without paying, is to severely edit your profile so no one can find you. Delete all of your pictures, change your address to the North Pole or something and make other alternations so no one knows you or can find you. I'd suggest saving on your hard drive, copy and paste whatever, anything you don't want to reproduce in terms of your story, pictures, interests, etc.
If you are a paid member or if you just want to try without paying, do this:
Got to “Edit Profile” at top of screen
The page that opens will be a section where you can modify what your profile says. You should already be on the “Edit Profile” tab but if not click on that tab
Here’s the tough, part, the part where I thought for a moment that I was going blind. Find the link “To hide your profile from others click here” and click the “Click here” portion of that link. I had a tough time finding this but it is really just below the "Edit Profile" tab and next to the text “Hiding your profile"
I included an image below to show you the link is (circled) to make your profile invisible.

0 Replies

Suggested posts