Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] macOS keyboard input not working after waking from sleep

[Desktop] macOS keyboard input not working after waking from sleep

I started experiencing this bug after a recent update: After I wake my Mac from sleep, Spotify won't respond to keyboard input. Pressing spacebar doesn't play/pause, typing in the searchbox doesn't work, etc. (Media keys do still work, as does the mouse.) When I restart the Spotify app, it works normally again.

System information:

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819

5 Replies

Hey @TrevorBurnham,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try to perform a clean reinstall to see if this resolves the issue? Here is how to do one. 

Is the hardware acceleration on the desktop app off or on? Try switching between both settings.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have to same problem.  Not just after sleep, it would just randomly loses keyboard input.  I have to restart app everytime that happens.

Hey @chowjyc,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall as mentioned earlier in the thread? How did it go?

Is your keyboard a wired one or a wireless on? Does this happen only with the desktop app or also the web player?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm still seeing the issue after doing a clean reinstall.

I only see the issue when my laptop wakes from a long sleep while connected to an external monitor/keyboard. I press Cmd+L to search for a song and the searchbox opens, but the searchbox doesn't receive a focus cursor and doesn't respond when I type.

Hey @TrevorBurnham,

Thanks for your reply. 

We recommend that you check the Energy saver preferences in order to make sure that its configuration allows Spotify to work after your laptop wakes up. You can check more info about this here: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/energy-saver-preferences-mchlp1168/10.13/mac/10.13.

Keep us in the loop.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts