Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display name and friend activity gone after recent update

Display name and friend activity gone after recent update

After the recent update to Spotify, my account name has been set as the default letter and number user code and my friend activity has disappeared entirely.

I ran through all the troubleshooting steps, including logging in with an alternative account on the same device , and this seems to only be happening to my account. 

After reinstalling Spotify, everything was normal for a moment, but upon closing and relaunching the app it reverted to the disappearing issue. 

When I first open Spotify, I am greeted by the home page which displays "Couldn't find that page" and an error message saying "Something went wrong", but this goes away when I navigate through Spotify, and it shows up fine after that. Everything is still there and I can listen to music fine.

I have attached images of it’s normal state upon login and it’s bugged state after the update and relaunch, and the home page upon relaunch.

I am using MacOS Mojave, 10.14.6 on a MacBook Pro. 
I have a free plan and live in Australia. 

8A63527C-C7CB-4BE3-BC5E-7B27774A36AA.png
544EBA66-B0AE-46C3-83C9-FBEDC48EE8DB.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 2.25.23 pm.png
4 Replies

Hey there @FreeDaBananas,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you experience this.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

We also recommend that you check so that the app is up to-date.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi!

It seems you're part of the new Desktop experience.

I suggest you give your feedback here so the right team might see your comment and fix the bug.

I see the same bug here on my end.

Cheers.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Jeremy,

I just tried clearing the cache with the clean reinstall, but the issue still persists. 

Someone else commented that this seems to be an issue with the new desktop experience version of Spotify, so I have posted my issue in that specific thread too., hopefully it'll be more appropriate there.

Thanks for your response

Thank you!

I wasn't aware of the new desktop experience being a feature, I have posted my issue over there too.

Suggested posts