Downloads not working offline on Macbook

Downloads not working offline on Macbook

Premium plan

Based in New Zealand

Device

Macbook Pro 2021

Operating System

Ventura 13.4.1

Spotify app on my Macbook Pro isn't playing downloaded albums in offline mode. 

Weirdly, it will play tracks that are downloaded and in my "liked" playlist.  The problem only happens if I open the app in offline mode (or open it when I do not have internet access).  If I open it online, and then switch to offline then the downloaded tracks work.  But this is of no use when, for example, on flights!

I did record a screen capture to show what I mean but the 5mb upload limit means it is too big to upload so I have just added two screenshots to show how it cannot find an album in offline mode but then will show a liked track from that same album in the liked playlist in offline mode!

Another weird aspect of this is that it does play podcasts that have been downloaded in offline mode...

I have tried deleting the app, redownloading it, clearing the cache, logging out, logging in, deleting downloaded albums, redownloading them.  None of these have helped.

Would really appreciate help because I am about ready to cancel my Spotify subscription right now! 

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 3.04.07 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 3.04.27 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @RikTheMost,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the troubleshooting you've tried so far.

As a first step, can you please confirm that you've followed the steps under Clean reinstall in this guide

Also, would it be possible to check if the same happens with a different Premium account? You can ask a friend or family member to log in on your device.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts