Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Drag and drop tracks from computer no longer works

Drag and drop tracks from computer no longer works

With the latest version of spotify, I can no longer drag and drop tracks from my desktop (or other folders) into a spotify playlist. 

In addition to using spotify for finding new music, and creating playlists with songs int heir database, I also use it as a means of organizing my local machine's music as well. 

Not being able to import music by dragging and dropping is highly annoying. it's now a 5-step process instead of a 1 step process. 

Was this change purposeful, or is it a bug?

3 Replies

Drag and drop is not supported in the new version.
Spotify plans to bring some features back, but it is currently not known if the feature you mentioned will be coming back.

You can still add local files to Spotify. Go into the settings and under "Local Files" you can import the source folder that contains the local files.

After you do that, the local files will appear in the "Local Files" section.

Find the song and then drag it over to a playlist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"Not supporting drag and drop" is one thing. But causing the app to get into a state where the only thing to do is to shut it down and relaunch is another. Not a single menu item works except for Exit. Not even "Help | About."

Here, I dragged a music folder from Windows Explorer onto a playlist - in fact, anywhere in the spotify window has the same effect.

Windows 7, Spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

spotify_dragdrop.png

@Cheeky 

Thanks for the info and screenshot.

This is a known issue and it is being looked into. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts