Equalizer mac

Re: Equalizer mac

monking
Regular

@neurospex: Thanks for the info. I didn't know that Soundflower + AU Lab filters were freely available.

bucketheadmjs

Airfoil... Simple, easy, and cheap!!! Awesome piece of software I have been using for years. Just select Spotify as your source for audio and equalize away!

http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/buy.php

Surfinsam
Audio Hijack Pro used to use their own equalizers, unless the look for AU Lab has changed that drastically over the past few years or even been around for that long. They do include an apple equalizer but it's only one of many included in the software

jeremyvaught

This works perfectly. East to set up, just the global EQ I have been looking for. Thank you.

UPDATE: meh, it added this to the end rather than the post i was replying to. Sorry. I was replying to

I personally did this for my macbook pro at work and I love it!

http://www.dctrwatson.com/2011/06/os-x-system-equalizer/

It takes a little setup and fiddling, but once you get it the payoff is definitely worth it. The sound is so much richer, deeper, and overall better with a system wide EQ.

kriscoady
Music Fan

People who use studio monitors (e.g. for music production) will never, ever, use an equalizer. The whole point of studio monitors is to hear the music as it would sounds on any soundsystem 

neurospex
Music Fan

This thread is about using an equalizier on a Mac while listening to Spotify. It is not about music production or concern for listening to compressed audio from Spotify as if someone were anything other than a consumer listening for pleasure.

bruman
Gig Goer

Hi there,

Since a while I use Hear from Prosoft. Quite affordable and well-featured, it's more than just an equalizer. Just rediscovering my music library, movies, and s.o. Works with any program on Mac (Mountain Lion OK). Free trial available.

Spotify
Spotify

@bruman wrote:

Hi there,

Since a while I use Hear from Prosoft. Quite affordable and well-featured, it's more than just an equalizer. Just rediscovering my music library, movies, and s.o. Works with any program on Mac (Mountain Lion OK). Free trial available.

Less promoting, please.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

bruman
Gig Goer

Excuse me ? What promoting ? Are you insinuating that I work at Prosoft ? I am just another Spotify user sharing his experience. Is it forbidden down here ? I didn't know. Other ones did the same all along this thread and nobody complained so far.

Peter__
Community Legend

@bruman wrote:

Excuse me ? What promoting ? Are you insinuating that I work at Prosoft ? I am just another Spotify user sharing his experience. Is it forbidden down here ? I didn't know. Other ones did the same all along this thread and nobody complained so far.

I'm sure Sam was not insinuating that you work at Prosoft, however, he is correct about the promoting (and as a moderator, has the right to) point out that your post does break the Terms of use of the Community (see section 6viii). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS