Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Error Code accesspoint:39

Error Code accesspoint:39

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Pro early 2015

Operating System

OS X Yosemite

My Question or Issue

a few weeks ago, my desktop app wouldn't play music and said it was offline, despite my computer being connected to ethernet. I logged out and when I tried to log back in, I was given the error code auth:16. I did a clean install and was able to log in again and Spotify was working normally. 

Today, my playlist was scrambled out of order. I updated my app and it went offline again, even though I was still connected to internet. I've done multiple clean installs, and it will let me log in but it will only play downloaded files (there shouldn't be any downloaded files, since it's a clean install. I am absolutely sure that it was a clean reinstall. I did a system-wide search for any Spotify file and nothing turned up, even in caches, which I checked multiple times). Any time I log out of Spotify, I can't log back in, either because of error code auth:16 or error code accesspoint:39. 

Web player doesn't work on my computer because it thinks that the app is offline. Any help is appreciated!

1 Reply

Hi there @afcnj-_zkh5wd,

Welcome to the Community!

It looks like other Mac users have also encountered these error messages.

We recommend you head over to this thread and see if the answer from @Loxer can help you out.

Let us know how you get on with this. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts