Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting error Google Chrome version is no longer supported but I have the latest version, what to do

Getting error Google Chrome version is no longer supported but I have the latest version, what to do

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 17.08.40.png
14 Replies

if you are on a Chromebook go to your settings go to about crome OS click that click check for updates and it should update and it works for me know

Unfortunately I have updated Chrome but Spotify still does not work. The "About Chrome" says I am using the latest version. I also clear ALL the cached data and that didn't work either. Unsure what to do next.

I have been recieving the same error and I have spent hours trying to figure out how to fix it with no luck. If anyone has figured it out please help!

All, if you click on "Chrome" on the top menu of your computer (next to the apple, file, edit, view etc.) and select "about chrome" it leads you to a settings page. Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.28.32 PM.png

It should then tell you if you have the newest version. I had to click on Relaunch and now Spotify works on Chrome

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.29.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.28.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.29.18 PM.png

Hmmm unfortunately that only works if you have an apple computer:(

Hello @Pumpkin87@tahraminowada@auj-oh4g0_mx7@dotgainsac and @HopperJr70,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with Spotify in Chrome and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic if you are still experiencing this issue. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Spoiler
Spoiler

I have been having the same sort of problem with Spotify but I am wondering if everyone is having this problem or if it's just a few people. If anybody nows please reply. 

Ignore the spoiler. Thanks!!

I have also been having this issue and it should have been fixed by now.

I am also wondering if people who pay for Spotify are getting these messages

If not then thats a serious issue.

Please fix it because school just started and music helps! 

Same, school started for me too and I do pay for spotify premium, I did fix
the issue by updating my chromebook that the school supplied me with. Other
than that, I don't have any solutions.

Hi, is there any update on this issue? Mine is version 74, but does not work.

Which versions are you supporting?

Thanks

I went to settings=>about chrome OS, and it said my device needed to be restarted to finish an update. After clicking this my device restarted and Spotify works now.

Hey there folks,

@masterofpi314 and @thisisanro  Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear all's working as it should once more!

If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout 🙂

@raquelmsampaio and @Lolland54 : We'd recommend heading to this Ongoing Issue and subscribing to stay updated on any news we have. Keep in mind that our tech teams are looking into it - there's also some info and steps to try in the status update there.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts