Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Home Screen is not working on my Mac on desktop app and browser

Home Screen is not working on my Mac on desktop app and browser

Getting the "something went wrong" screen whenever I click home. This is on web browser - both safari AND chrome, AND the desktop app. I've tried clean reinstalling the app, following the instructions deleting all library/cache files etc, I've fiddled with the proxy settings, made sure VPN is off, still no Home Screen. Search and and playback work fine, but no luck with Home Screen. iOS app works fine.
1 Reply

Hi there @benbron86,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Something you can try is deleting the prefs file, which holds information about the currently logged in account and its preferences. Just follow these steps:

1. Open Finder on your Mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
  2. Go to Application Support > Spotify.
  3. There you'll find the prefs file. Simply delete it.
  4. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  5. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that you'll be logged out and your settings will be reset, so you'll have to adjust them again. If you had music downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it as well. Your library, however, will not be affected, so no worries there.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts