Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I unlink Spotify with my iTunes/stuf on my computer?

How do I unlink Spotify with my iTunes/stuf on my computer?

I have a lot of stuff on my iTunes that I don't listen to. I downloaded Spotify because my friends all love it, but when I downloaded it, all the files in my iTunes showed up in my library! I can't delete them either. I don't want my friends going through my playlists/library and seeing all this useless music. Rather than deleting all the music files I have, how do I unlink Spotify with files I already have? 

7 Replies

In Spotify top left menu -> Edit -> preferences -> local files. Uncheck all the sources you don't want to see.

My Spotify doesn't say it's linked to anything but it keeps happening. I've deleted the Spotify app and reinstalled it too. Nothings working. Any more ideas? I've tried most everything I can think of. (I'm using the newest MacBook Pro as well if that helps)

im having the same problem.  It keeps showing all my itunes files as local files even though i have it unlinked.  I even went into my itunes to make sure it cant communicate with spotify. I want to change the location of when my local files are placed.  

Need help!

Using a Mac desktop version.

ME TOO!!! This is really awkward, because I make a weekly playlist of tracks for a radio show on my Itunes, and now people can see what I'm gonna play out before the show is aired via Spotify! Help much needed!

Yea, so you can change locations of your local files either?  I only get my entire itunes list to show, no matter whati do.

I guess worst comes to worst just look for the local file through my massive itunes collection and save it to a playlist.

What i really want to do choose certain albums to go to a local files location so it makes things clean and easier to find in the future.

I am using an imac with el capitain.

Thanks

Mattie

Also having the same problem. This is really frustrating!

When I search in Spotify, it is showing up results for files that are in my iTunes, despite me switching off everything in 'Local Files' from the preferences. 

Hope we can get this sorted!

i think this issue needs to be raised further. i deleted my itunes library on my mac because i switched to spotify. i’ve always had the local sources unchecked yet still any song that was in my itunes library is unplayable on spotify.

i think this could be in violation of data protection laws, and spotify could be unlawfully collecting information about my personal files on my device not linked to the service.

Suggested posts