Step 1

NEXT STEP

List of bugs in the version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

List of bugs in the version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

Mac 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

Apologies if these have already been reported -

• Playlists not updating when multiple users contributing
  • Spotify randomly pauses about a minute into some tracks
  • Username not showing correct name (track listing)
  • Username doesn't link to correct page (track listing)
  • Clicking the track bottom left doesn't take you to the current playlist
  • Dragging multiple tracks from another playlist copies them in the wrong order
  • User feed on the right is completely out of sync

Come on guys, sort it out!

7 Replies

I can comment on one of those at least

This is a known issue. It is being looked into. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello there,

I will comment on that one

- Dragging multiple tracks from another playlist copies them in the wrong order

For what I can read on post from people having the same problem, it seems it affects only the Mac version. With windows it works fine (I use it every day without problem)

SoundofusSpotify Star

For the love of Jeebus please fix this version.

List that I've found: 

• Local file view, you now can't filter by date - why is this something that you'd remove?
  • When browsing a playlist when you scroll past the headers they're not sticky so to filter you have to scroll back to the top
  • When queuing a list of songs it no longer queues them in order but randomises them
  • Sometimes when opening spotify and it has a playlist open, you can't start playing from that playlist, you have to go to another
  • Removed ID3 tag editor?
  • If you modify a local file outside of spotify, it doesn't update, rather just makes a duplicate which you can delete
  • This is more an iOS bug but i've found that even after syncing local files to my device it will work fine for a couple of days but then it will just become grayed out the green icon informs me that its synced but the whole track is just gray and I can't play it?
  • Another iOS issue, is that you can't add local files to a playlist you get a could not load track error, nor can you swipe right to queue them.

Some suggestions that I have

• The new queue button that has replaced the original sidebar option, would be better as a pop up where you can quickly scroll through your queue and then close it. This would mean reinstating the sidebar option as well.

Please please sort out the issues, I'm a long term user of Spotify (since beta) but it seems that a lot of the new updates are bloating the app and removing features that are extremely useful. Like clicking the artwork to view the current song. The app needs to go through proper bug testing before releasing.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 

IMG_1515.PNG

(Windows 8.1)

- EXTREMELY SLOW and unresponsive at times (i3/8GB ram)

- Last.fm client stopped working with spotify since the update

- Apps are gone

- The client is unusable on low-res laptop screens

- Inbox has to be redesigned completely. The client hangs and it takes me ages everytime I need to scroll back a few messages/tracks. Going back a few months in a conversation is really painful. Impossible to delete any messages (what is the point of keeping all the messages if it takes me 10 minutes to scroll up a few pages?)

- Spotify helper always crashes after a few minutes

- I want my Spotify (0.8.5) back 😞

@willb 

The local files bugs you mentioned are known problems with the iOS app. They are being looked into. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

@jubat wrote:

Mac 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

Apologies if these have already been reported -

• Playlists not updating when multiple users contributing
  • Spotify randomly pauses about a minute into some tracks
  • Username not showing correct name (track listing)
  • Username doesn't link to correct page (track listing)
  • Dragging multiple tracks from another playlist copies them in the wrong order
  • User feed on the right is completely out of sync

Come on guys, sort it out!

Yes, this is one I'm encountering. Windows 7, 64-bit here, by the way. I have a playlist that I save in alphabetical order by artist, adding it weekly to a larger playlist. It use to copy exactly to the new playlist; since 1.0.1.1060 a sizable number of the songs are added in a random order, and the remainder alphabetically

Follow me

Regarding the new:  1.0.2.6.g9977a14b update

Apparently a new feature of Spotify is the ability to play some tracks and it removes the Now Playing info that's normally down the bottom left. It also doesn't get the time elapsed of the track right. (it wasn't a local file btw)

Another thing to add to the the list is when switching between playlists Spotify used to remember where in the playlist you were, now it seems that everytime you move from the one playlist to another you get taken straight back up to the top. This is awful especially when you have large playlists.

Have we got any updates to when all the bugs that people have mentioned above will be fixed? The update they released fixed nothing.

spotify-nowplaying.png

Suggested posts