Premium

Country

US 

Device

iMac

Operating System

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4

My Question or Issue

I have been having ongoing loading issues with the desktop app for some time now. At best, it is extremely slow to load anytime I click a link, album or playlist and often does not load at all, just showing a blank screen. Frequently the Daily Mix playlists return an error "Daily Mix cannot be started". I've also found that curated playlists often will not play, though my own generally seem ok. It seems to be random which playlists will load/play and which ones will not.

I have tried restarting and reinstalling (and as far as I can tell I have the most recent version of the app installed) and it doesn't seem to matter. (Note that I've also experienced these issues on the desktop app on a PC as well.)

spotify-blank.png

spotify-dailymix.png

2 Replies

Hey there @ericamklein!

There are some bugs in the desktop app right now, the issues you are facing may be related to this or this. You can vote for these so they will catch more attention. I hope these will be fixed very soon, please be patient and try the steps described in the links at least.

I wish you a great day 🙂

Thanks for the reply - the saves albums bug doesn't appear to be affecting me, but I +voted the other issue. I do think the daily mix playlists not working seems to be a different issue though.

Suggested posts