Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Album Meta Tag Mess

Local Album Meta Tag Mess

I recently purchased an album '2015 Warped Tour Compilation'. The majority of songs are already available on Spotify but there were some that weren't so I decided on this rare occasion to purchase the whole album.

I moved the album directory into one of the library sources that I configured for Spotify to detect, and then dragged the tracks into a new playlist. I noticed that the meta tags were synced up with tracks already available on Spotify. In most cases that was fine. However, there was one in particular that went very wrong. The track 'Baby Baby - Circus' was replaced with 'Baby Hit Makers - Circus Circus' from the album 'Music For Babies', which is exactly what you think it is! Now whenever I listen to that track it's going to look like I enjoy baby lullaby tracks.

I can no longer see any option to Unlink the track as I was able to do in previous versions. I heard Spotify removed this feature for some absurd reason. Do they expect their detection algorithm to be 100% correct with these things? 

Does anyone have any suggestions of workarounds here? I can confirm the MPEG 1 Layer 3 tracks have both ID3v1.1 and ID3v2.3.0 meta tags, and that those are correct from Amazon.

1 Reply

See my recent post from an hour ago or so, I explain how I get the tags to sync up.  Seems like if they don't match 100%, right down to capitalization and non-ascii single quotes, they are not recognized.

Suggested posts