Mac App 'save to library' doesn't work

Mac App 'save to library' doesn't work

Plan: Premium

Device

MacBook

Operating System

MacOS

My Question or Issue

'Save to your library' does now work at all for the Mac app. See attached video.

Note that this function still works when using other versions of the app, both on web and on Android.

6 Replies

Hiya Greg, that's no good that you're experiencing issues with the 'Save to your library' function on the Mac app. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check if you have the latest version of the app installed. If not, update the app to the latest version and see if the issue persists.

2. Log out of your account and log back in. This can sometimes help reset the app and fix any temporary issues.

3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This can help fix any corrupted files or settings that may be causing the issue.

I hope this helps resolve your issue,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,
I already tried all of these suggested steps and it did not fix the issue.

-Greg

If you have tried all the suggested steps and the issue persists, you can try the following additional troubleshooting steps:

1. Check your internet connection. A poor internet connection can sometimes cause issues with the app's functionality. Try restarting your modem and router or connecting to a different network.

2. Clear the app's cache. Sometimes the app's cache can become corrupted and cause issues. To clear the cache, go to 'Preferences' > 'Show Advanced Settings' > 'Offline Songs Storage' > 'Delete cache and saved data'.

3. Try creating a new account and see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the issue is specific to your account or a wider problem with the app.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Spotify support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to their technical team for further investigation.

Thanks for the quick reply, 

-Prague

PragueSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I cleared cache & all downloads, then logged out, then reinstalled the app,
and signed in again. Issue still persists.

Created a brand new account for a different email address and the issue did not occur.

However, any time I log into my original account, the issue keeps happening.

Hi there @greg7gkb,

Thanks for the post.

Since adding songs to your Liked songs works on another account, the issue might be related to your original account. Can you let us know how many tracks you have saved? Sometimes the Spotify app might malfunction if you've got more than 10,000 items saved to your Library.

Also, let us know if Liked songs appear on your other devices if you like them from the Desktop app and vice versa?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts