Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac Desktop v.9.15.27 not responding

Solved!

Mac Desktop v.9.15.27 not responding

Spotify on my Mac does not respond to Search, Browse, Radio. Searching will prompt with a list of possible results, but when a result is clicked, nothing displays.

I tried downloading/installing a fresh Spotify app, created and logged in with a new password, hoping to resolve the issue. I also trashed Spotify's folder in my Library > Application Support folder, thinking the preferences were corrupt. Nothing has worked. 

Screen-Shot-3.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

My problem was Mac user-profile specific. Removing the Spotify directory found inside Library > Application Supports was not enough. Unknown to me at the time, I also had to delete Spotify's cache file. 

Problem solved.

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Try this:

Uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration" option in Spotify > Preferences > User Interface.

disable hardware acceleration UI.png

Then restart Spotify

Does that help?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for reply. I tried. Unchecking "Enable Hardware Acceleration" then restarting did not cure anything.

I installed Spotify on a different Mac for the first time running same Mac OS version, on the same network. It works fine. Preferences are set identically the same.

Dumbfounded why Spotify will not function correctly on this Mac…

Marked as solution

My problem was Mac user-profile specific. Removing the Spotify directory found inside Library > Application Supports was not enough. Unknown to me at the time, I also had to delete Spotify's cache file. 

Problem solved.

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Suggested posts