Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Macbook Pro. Spotify will only open if connected to Internet

Macbook Pro. Spotify will only open if connected to Internet

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

(iOS)

My Question or Issue

App wont open unless connected to Internet, though I want to play previously downloaded content.

The whole point of having downloaded content is so you can play it WITHOUT an internet connection, but if the App wont even open unless you have a connection its pretty pointless !

3 Replies

Hi @johnf52,

Thank you for your post.

Following up on the last question you made on this thread, you can find the Offline Mode on the app's preferences:

Also, in this article you can find more information about this setting. Please activate and let us know if you're able to play your content while being offline. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can only get to this sub menu if the App is actually open.  I thought I had made it clear that the problem is, that without an Internet connection the App wont even open.  (This is on a Laptop, NOT a phone).  So it stands to reason that if I am out of WiFi range and the app wont even open I cant get to the menu to choose "Off Line Mode" and if I have an internet connection, there is no point in having Off line Mode.  Do you see my point?

Hey @johnf52,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you try running a clean reinstall with these steps? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

In case the issue persists, could you send us a video recording or screenshots of it? Just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts