Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to add local files [Mac] (UPDATED)

Not able to add local files [Mac] (UPDATED)

Description

I can no more see my local files under "Lokala filer". Neither can I add local files as i could before the update. Some local files are gone some are still in their playlists.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Updated spotify client yesterday

2. Used it as normal.

3. Tryed to add a local file, didnt work.

4. Checked "Local files" - It was empty (it doesnt say that its empty as it does when i create a new playlist, it is just empty)

5. Tryed to reinstall and relogg in to spotify, nothing changed.

6. I cryed that i can no longer play songs i love.

(7.) Everything works as normal on web spotify, ipad spotify and iphone spotify, but not desktop.

What I expected to happen

Adding logal files and play them

What actually happened

Cant add and cant show local files.

My Operating System

OS X 10.10.2

My Spotify version

1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

My internet provider and country

Tele 2 (does not affect this)

--- UPDATE BELOW ---

I just searched for the artist of my local songs on spotify (he is not on spotify) but i still found de songs, probably the local songs. But i can not drag the into playlists or anything, just listen to them as they are... Screenshot below.

Skärmavbild 2015-03-16 kl. 11.39.19.png
Skärmavbild 2015-03-16 kl. 12.05.43.png
3 Replies

Thanks for the detailed bug report. A few other people have reported this same problem and it's currently being investigated. If I hear any updates, I'll let you know.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you! I hope it gets fixed soon!

Exactly the same problem here! It doesn't show me my local files, neither can I change the locations to search for local files in preferences. 

Also, Spotify has trouble starting up. Sometimes it does, a lot of times it just doesn't. I just had a new SSD placed in my Mac and my computer is incredibly fast now, so I suspect it is a Spotify problem. I'm running OSX Mavericks.

Suggested posts