Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

OFFLINE mode in car - Spotify pauses playback to SEARCH FOR INTERNET !!!!!

OFFLINE mode in car - Spotify pauses playback to SEARCH FOR INTERNET !!!!!

Spotify Premium on Android Samsung Galaxy 8, driving in Honda Civic, listening thru Bluetooth

I'm driving around with my Spotify playlist sounding great.  Then the music STOPS.  I notice that Spotify is SEARCHING FOR AN INTERNET CONNECTION!!!  I double check that I have Spotify set to OFFLINE mode.  This is hard to believe! What is the point of OFFLINE mode if the app still tries to search for an internet connection and STOPS THE MUSIC to do so ??????   This is a new car, and I have NEVER noticed this ridiculous problem before.  The music stopped 3 times during a 30 minute drive around town, so I am asking for help.  Surely I have something set wrong, and surely Spotify OFFLINE mode is not designed to STOP THE MUSIC and search for an internet connection? Thank you in advance.

4 Replies

Hi there @WadeCottingham,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick an you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how everything goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am trying that now. After the clean install to my phone, it is now re-downloading my offline playlists. I'll test it out this coming Sunday, that's when I need the OFFLINE feature to work correctly in the car. NOT resolved yet... will report back.

Hey @WadeCottingham,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Once Offline mode is switched ON, the app shouldn't be looking for network after the reinstall.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if the issue comes back.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the exact same problem on Merc 350GLE DE. Set to offline and just stops randomly and becoming more frequent. Currently playing same playlist at home with no interruptions. Have already done a reinstall and don't have an SD card. Phone is Samsung Z4 flip 

Suggested posts