Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Won't Stop Playing.

Solved!

Playlist Won't Stop Playing.

I already sent a message to Support about this, but they referred me back here. So here's my issue: a random playlist I listened to quite a while ago, won't stop playing. Every time I play a song from a different playlist or just a different song in general, when the song ends, Spotify starts playing from the random old playlist again. I've tried clicking the shuffle and repeat buttons on the bottom right on and off, but nothing is working. I've tried skipping through the whole playlist, but nothing stops it. I don't even know what the name of the playlist was, or who made it. This has been happening for a couple of days now. Anyone know what can fix this? Should I reinstall? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you checked your play queue? You can find this by clicking on the 'play queue' button near the top left of Spotify underneath the main tab. Then highlight all the songs ( click on a song in the play queue (once don't double click!) then press Ctrl+A) and then press the delete key. This will clear your play queue.

If that doesn't help, a Clean reinstallation of Spotify might just do the trick!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you checked your play queue? You can find this by clicking on the 'play queue' button near the top left of Spotify underneath the main tab. Then highlight all the songs ( click on a song in the play queue (once don't double click!) then press Ctrl+A) and then press the delete key. This will clear your play queue.

If that doesn't help, a Clean reinstallation of Spotify might just do the trick!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Anthony, there were physical songs in the queue, but it said 0 queued tracks. I tried your method, but it didn't do anything (it only made that noise Macs make when you're trying to delete something you can't). However, I skipped through them all, and they disappeared, once I had "played them." Thank you for your suggestion, anyway.

I had the same problem. So I made an empty playlist, and setting that as "Current Playlist" cleared out the queue. 

Hi i had an issue that the same album would play randomly after the end of the playlist i did want. I followed the instructions and made an empty play list and chose this as current play list, now the play list i want to hear plays ok. thanks.

I just did the same thing, created an empty playlist & yes, it worked for an immediate fix but i want a solution that lasts. This is an annoying little glich that seems fixable.

You should be able to dble-click ANY song from ANY playlist, artist page or search window and your previous queue will be cleared and a new queue created.  As far as a playlist repeating itself forever goes, it's a known 'feature' in the current version.

Having to "re-install" Spotify JUST to clear the Play Queue is assinine.  You mean no one at Spotify is capable of coding a preference that tells Spotify NOT to play from the Play Queue automatically?  This is incredibly frustrating!!!  I'm TRYING to listen to one of my playlists, BUT, after one song is played it automatically goes to Play Queue instead.  WHYYYYY???!!!!!  SMH <facepalm>

OH, and let me add:  When I go to Play Queue, no matter if I "select all" or just select ONE song - either way, "Delete" is grayed out so I am STUCK with what's in Play Queue?  Wish I could dlete play queue all together out of the left sidebar.  Far more trouble than its worth!  LESSON:  NEVER add a song to Play Queue.

UPDATE:  "Half fixed";  I have noticed since last message that it only "forces" to Play Queue is when in Shuffle mode. Seems automatically from the second song forward it jumps to play queue instead of the playlist you are TRYING to play.

Solution:  Cant use Shuffle <shrugs shoulders>.   Ok, I can work around shuffle.

Suggested posts