Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Posting Playlists to Facebook Error: "Something Went Wrong"

Posting Playlists to Facebook Error: "Something Went Wrong"

I curate a daily playlist series, and have a few times now run into an error where the "Copy Link" function produces a functional link, but no preview thumbnail. This is an issue for me for branding—help please?

FCUYAxEXMAARbas.png
5 Replies

Hi there @TrackByTrack_TxT,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We only provide the API for social media and other sites to connect to and embed content, but we can't fully influence what happens on the specific platform where the embed happens.

It might be that at the moment of posting a rate cap was applied, but that's just a guess.

It would be best to try and reach out to someone from the platform itself if they can maybe look into on what's happening in the backend and what's causing the error exactly.

If it is traced back to our API, you can report back to us so we can check this more thoroughly our end.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks, Jeremy,

I think this is related to Spotify's API —I haven't been able to reliably replicate this one yet (I can try to carve out some time to create and post test playlists), but the condition seems to be whether or not there is an attempt to share the list to social media when it is "removed from profile" and/or "made private". Even if the list is "added to profile" and/or "made public" following, the custom playlist artwork preview thumbnail and list title will continue to fail to export, and the error message I provided previously will show—this is consistent across all social platforms. The link produced is still functional. I'm using an iPhone 7 (iOS 14.8) and PC (Windows 10 Home 64-bit) in case that's relevant—the issue is consistent for both devices.

A separate, but possibly related issue—the custom artwork thumbnail for playlists consistently does not export to Instagram stories (as far as I'm aware, this export only exists on the phone app).

Hi @TrackByTrack_TxT,

Thank you for your reply!

To start, we'd like to address your second question. In order to avoid copyright issues, whenever you share a user created playlist through most social networks, any custom artwork won't be exported. It will be replaced with the default four-tile album artwork instead.

About the error with the playlists, we want to narrow this down as much as possible. Can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists when sharing your playlists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Also, let us know if you get this error only when you try to share your own playlists, or if it also happens when sharing any playlist from Spotify.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MafeG,

Thank you for YOUR reply! Wanted to provide an update here—I haven't yet been able to replicate the playlist sharing error and so haven't pursued additional troubleshooting, but I'll be sure to take notes of any potential conditions/triggers next time it happens. Perhaps it's fixed! (hooray!?)—my past experience with technical project management precludes me from being quite so optimistic haha

N.B. Instagram stories are the only social media export where my custom playlist artwork isn't also exported. This functions fine with posts on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and in these forums. 

Hey @TrackByTrack_TxT,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear that now it's working fine. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a nice day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts