Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Proxy setting error code "30" Mac user

Proxy setting error code "30" Mac user

Plan: Free

Device

(Macbook Air late 2017)

Operating System

(macOS Catalina V10.15.2)

I can't log in due to the proxy setting problem error code "30" I tried deleting the app removing all the files related to it through the hidden library and clear the cache but the problem isn't yet solved,, any help?

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 2.43.36 AM.jpg
21 Replies

I have the exact same problem and can't log in. Same device, MacBook late 2017, and operating system. macOS Catalina V10.15.2. Premium Family Plan - Australia. I have removed the app, cleaned the caches, and reinstalled.  My firewall isn't enabled. 

Yo tengo el mismo problema. He instalado de nuevo y sale el mismo error. Si alguien sabe qué hacer que lo comente. Gracias. 

I have the same problem. I have installed again and the same error comes out. If anyone knows what to do, tell them. Thank you.

same here, so annoying and feel ive done everything

I just had the same problem and all I had to do was update the proxy. I clicked on 'proxy settings' and then on 'update proxy' and it worked. 

Hope it works for you too !

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear, you're having difficulties logging into your accounts. No worries, we're here to help!

First off, try going through the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Check firewall settings and ensure Spotify is set as an exception.
  2. Change the proxy settings from "Auto Detect" to "No Proxy".
  3. Remove all lines from hosts file that are blocking Spotify. The steps to do so can be found in this Spotify Answer.
  4. If there are no lines for Spotify, reinstall the app and ensure it's the most updated version.
  5. Try a different network.
  6. Check if it's possible to log in using the web player on the same device.
  7. Try logging in from a different device.

In case the issue still persists, it would be great if you could tell us the exact make and model of the affected device its operating system, as well as the Spotify version.

Let us know how you get on.

He seguido todos los pasos y sigue dándome el mismo error. 

El equipo donde me está dando problemas es un Macbook Pro con MacOs Catalina 10.15.2.

Un saludo. 

I have followed all the steps and keep giving me the same error. The computer where I am having problems is a Macbook Pro with MacOs Catalina 10.15.2. Greetings.

Thank you very much i followed exactly what you said, and now it's working.

It is impossible to make it work, it always gives me the same error, no matter how much I do what I do. Now it doesn't work for me.

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Macbook Pro 

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I have some troubles about firewall, error code 30. Firstly, it begans because I couldn't listen songs because don't begin to play. I have already done everything, remove proxy, firewall, I have even change of network, and the problem remains. I 've read about try to enter on Spotify Web Player, and I can't. On the smartphone I don't have problems.

thanks

Hey @guantanamo,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out about this here. 

It'd be great to try some trouble-shooting and see whether performing a clean reinstall of the app on your MacBook does the trick in this situation.

You can follow the steps which apply to your device and operating system featured in this Spotify Answer to try with this procedure.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have done everything: reinstall, change something on hosts document, use another wi-fi... and it still don't work

Hi @guantanamo and @kiulopez,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and going through all the troubleshooting steps!

If you've followed all the steps in this post by Guido and made sure that you're not using a VPN, there are a few more things you can try listed in this thread.

In case none of this works for you, it would help if you could provide some additional information, so that our tech team can look into it. You'll find a template with all the necessary info required here under Report your issue.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted and we'll get to the bottom of this 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My firewall also wasn't enabled. So, I enabled my firewall and added Spotify as an exception with 'allow incoming connections'. And then try logging in again.

I 've done it too, and it still don't works.

To fix this issue, you'll have to restore the hosts file back to default. 

Follow the link below for the directions. 

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-reset-restore-hosts-file-to-its-original-version-in-mac-windows/

Hey folks, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I am having the exact same problem!! Prior to me doing a clean reinstall of the app today and updating it, I did not have this problem. I stopped using the app because it made my computer really slow and it wouldn't play the current song as of lately as to why I did the clean reinstall. I have tried the hosts troubleshooting and my firewall is set up so that spotify is not blocked.

I also tried to use the web player as it is a fast and easy alternative, but on chrome and microsoft edge I keep getting the ERR Connection with the proxy/firewall. In Firefox, the web player loads, but it won't play music and I cannot search anything.

I love spotify and it is a great music platform but the fact that there are countless threads about so many issues, there are still so many things that need to be RESOLVED !!! This issue is driving me nuts and their technical support is not hands on at all. If someone can help me please do. 

I am also using Mac Mojave and the latest version of Spotify

I am also having the same issue. I have done all of the steps mentioned (three times now) and it is still giving me both error 30 when trying to login with my username & password and error 11 when trying to login using Facebook. I can use the web player (through Chrome) and login on with other devices.

Mojave 10.14.6

MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012

2.6 GHz i7, 16 GB DDR3, 500 GB SSD

Suggested posts