Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Readding a single song from a previously unsaved album makes the album saved again

Readding a single song from a previously unsaved album makes the album saved again

Hi everyone 🙂

Suppose I save a whole album. All of its songs are given a checkmark, and it appears under "Albums > Filter: Saved Albums Only". 

Then, I want to unsave it (either I saved it by mistake, or got tired of its songs). All its songs are un-checked, and it stops showing up in the "Saved Albums Only" view.

Now, I only want to save a single song from that same album, clicking on the "+" sign next to the song name. The problem is: this causes the album to appear again into the "Saved Albums Only" view, even if the album itself is not saved, just a single song.

(If I do the same procedure with a song from a completely new album (an album that has not been saved and unsaved previously), then only the song is saved and its album doesn't appear in the "Saved Albums Only" view.)

How can I prevent this (incorrect?) behaviour? I suppose I need to "reset" the fact that I ever saved that whole album in the past.

Thanks! 🙂

2 Replies

Hey @alessandrocalo!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

That's odd. Can you let us know what operating system and Spotify version you're currently using? Also, is this happening across all your devices?

In the meantime, try logging out and back in to see if this issue persists.

Keep us posted.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi @Maria_B!

So I tested this on 4 devices:

• Ubuntu 14.4, desktop client (not sure which version, but I always keep it updated so it's most likely the last one). This is where I first noticed the issue.
  • macOS 10.12.2, desktop client version 1.0.49.125.g72ee7853. Here I experience the exact same problem.
  • iOS 10.2.1, app version 7.6.0. I think I can't verify the issue here, because when tapping on "Albums" there doesn't seem to be an option to display only the saved/full ones. The only filtering option is "Downloads".
  • Web player on Safari 10.0.2 in macOS 10.12.2. The issue doesn't happen here. So if I perform the usual steps in the client app (save album, unsave album, save a single song from that album) then the whole album is shown as "saved" in the client app, but not on the web app. So I have one more saved album in the desktop cliend than on the web app.

But I did notice 2 workarounds:

1. If I perform these steps again in the web app, then the album is not shown as "saved" anywhere anymore, and the single saved song is still saved.
  2. Like you suggested, if I log out of both (cliend & webapp) and log back in, then everything is also correct.

Hope this helps 🙂

Cheers!

Suggested posts