Spotify Listening History

Solved!
32 people liked this

Spotify Listening History

dh84035

I would like to know if the Spotify Desktop app has a way for me to look up my listening history?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 2 people liked this

Re: Spotify Listening History

Hey there,

You can find your listening history from the Play queue or the 'Recently played' section on the desktop app. For more info check out this Spotify Answer.

For more in-depth listening history, it's worth learning about how to scrobble with Last.fm.

If you think implementing a more extensive listening history area would be something others would vote for, feel free to submit an idea so other people can contribute to the discussion.

All the best!

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf
77 Replies
25 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Yes, the desktop does have a basic history function. Just click on "Play Queue" in the left sidebar and then select "History" at the top. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

64 people liked this

Troz

A nice feature would be a listening history that spans all the clients that I use. Personally I listen to music on several devices - but I have no way of seeing which songs I was playing at work when home etc.

Sometimes you would like to listen to the same type of music during the day even across devices.

6 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

You can scrobble your track listens to last.fm from all of your Spotify devices to keep a log of what you have been listening too - if that helps at all!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

21 people liked this

Xeator

Is there by any chance a more complete listening history or search history?

I have this one song in mind, originally saw it on youtube. It could only be found by searching with the title. The artist however was also on spotify, the song sadly wasnt. I remember searching for it.

Its killing me that I cant remember what the title on youtube was nor can I remember the artists name. If there is a search history in full somewhere can it be accessed? I know in what timeframe I have searched for it so I could probably narrow it down enough to find it.

1 person liked this

BeautifullyS

Is there anyway to install my listening history on my webpage? I want my followers to be able to be able to see what I am listening to.

14 people liked this

_imac_

What would be kind of great would be a way to look at more in-depth listening statistics.  Like how often (how many times) you listened to a song or artist.  Because, yeah, I forget the name of an act that I listened to for a while in 2013, at this point in 2014.  So, the ability to see some statistics on what I've listened to in the past, the abiliy to sort lists by number of listens, that'd be great for finding stuff that I liked at one time but have abandoned in the year or so since.  

3 people liked this

Hogg
Gig Goer

Look into last.fm.  It does everything you seem to be looking for.

4 people liked this

hans-jürgen
Roadie

In fact it is very easy to create an overall listening history on Last.fm through scrobbling from all devices you use for listening to music. For example in the Spotify desktop software you only have to fill in your Last.fm account login details under Preferences and enable scrobbling. The web player and the mobile phone apps also have native scrobbling options.

To scrobble from other sites like Google Play Music, Xbox Music, Pandora, Jango, Deezer, Rdio, YouTube et al you can either check if their settings have a native scrobbling option, too, or use external browser extensions available for Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Safari. There are also external scrobbling apps for mobile phones, and last but least Last.fm offers a scrobbling client connecting to your media player via plugins, so you can scrobble your local file library as well, even from your iPod etc. You can also import the listening history from your media player when creating a new Last.fm account.

The result of all this scrobbling is a profile of your musical taste which leads to exact recommendations of music you might also like besides statistics of your recently listened tracks. The Last.fm account and scrobbling to it is free for all, by the way.

A related Spotify Idea where you can vote for it is this one about the missing offline cache for scrobbles on mobile phones:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Scrobble-tracks-played-offline-to-Spotify-history-and-...

14 people liked this

chrismarx
Regular

where did play queue go in the new version of spotify desktop (mac)? Can we still find our listening history?

SUGGESTED POSTS