Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stuck in grid view -- where did the "List View" option go?

Stuck in grid view -- where did the "List View" option go?

Plan: Premium Family

Device: Mac Desktop

Operating System: OSX 12.6.2 (21G320)

Spotify Version: Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c

I can no longer find or select "List View" meaning that when searching an artist or looking through my own playlists/folders, I can ONLY search by Grid View. 

What have I tried to remedy?

-- tried restarting Spotify

-- tried wiping and reinstalling Spotify (deleted every instance of "Spotify" in Library, deleted app, etc.

-- restarted the computer

Nothing works, I still can't find List View any more. I *hate* Grid View and find it borderline unusable for searching through dozens of playlists/albums. (I know others disagree but that's why there used to be a toggle!) Please help me restore. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 6.45.12 PM.png
3 Replies

Hi there @jumunius,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Looks like you're seeing one of the new changes to the desktop app. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we will continue to innovate the product experience. 

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience and share your feedback in the thread. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Take care!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, I appreciate now understanding that this is in some way planned. However, neither your response nor the generic post linked therein answers my question.

"Functionality - We’ve brought the functionality that users expect from Desktop..." <-- well, apparently Spotify did not bring this feature that I expect over.

Did List View go away? Is there another way to select it? How is this "new way to improve our users' experience" helping me? I suppose I'm supposed to leave feedback in that post's comment thread?!?!

Hey @jumunius!

Unfortunately, this feature doesn't exist anymore. There have been some posts in the Idea Exchange requesting for List View to be readded.

This post has been completely closed. This post is similar, it has been closed but is still accepting votes. If you'd like List View to return, I'd recommend adding your kudos to and promoting this Idea linked above.

You can read more about the Idea Exchange and how it works here.

Thanks for posting in the Community! 🙂

Suggested posts