Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing Local Files to Android, apparently new problem

Syncing Local Files to Android, apparently new problem

I had my local files synced to my Andriod until about a week ago, at which point (for reasons beyond my comprehension) all my downloaded playlists on my phone were no longer downloaded. Since then, I have been unable to sync my local files to my phone using the normal methods that I've found here. The phone won't sync while on the same network, even after resetting both devices and making sure that the firewall wasn't getting in the way. The computer can still tell the phone to play any regular Spotify music, and vice versa, but local files to the computer remain local and cannot be played on the phone.

I've also double checked the settings on both phone and computer, and as far as I can tell nothing should be prohibiting the sync. I also haven't changed anything in regards to what music is on the playlists I'm trying to sync.

Is there a recent update that has changed how this feature works? I haven't been able to find anything that leads me to believe that, but at this point I'm at a loss as to how to address the problem.

1 Reply

I'm having the same problem. Used to be able to sync my local files no problem but since recently it doesn't work anymore. Would appreciate a solution to this problem.

Suggested posts