Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to access website (www.spotify.com) from Macbooks

Unable to access website (www.spotify.com) from Macbooks

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016, running latest MacOS

I created a Spotify account some time ago but have only just reached the point of wanting to use it.

I tried to run the program on my Macbook but it just did nothing. I decided to delete it (cleared the cache too) but when I went to the web site to download it again, the connection was refused.

I tried using Safari, Chrome and Firefox - all gave the same result. I don't get the error when I use my Windows based work laptop.

Also when I logged on to post this question, I needed to verify my email but every attempt to get a verification email sent to my username@me.com account failed. I ended up creating a new (Free) account using username@icloud.com (the same account) I got a Verification Email message.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

2 Replies

I am using Chrome and when I type Spotify.com I am redirected to spotify.com/ph/ which is my country code. Can you try typing your country code? Or try open.spotify.com. Or google Spotify and see if it works.

Hi Harry

Thanks for your message.

I tried, on Chrome, typing in www.spotify.com/au as well as Googling Spotify and it still gives the same error. In the case of Chrome it says Spotify.com refused to connect.

Suggested posts