Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use local but switch to Spotify

Use local but switch to Spotify

I have songs in folders locally that I can add to Spotify into a playlist. However, i want to use the Spotify versions of the songs instead. Is there a way to have Spotify find the best match to my local song?

1 Reply

Hi, thanks for posting! No, there's not a way to force Spotify to give preference to its own version of a song that is matched to a local file; however, if you try to play the song on a device that doesn't have the local file it normally will then use the version from the server. The only way I can think of to prevent it from continuing to play your local versions would be to go into your settings and disable the source of those files so Spotify would no longer load them at all using the toggles in the attached screenshot. Not sure how helpful that will be in your situation, as I assume you still want access to tracks that may not be available on Spotify?

local files sources.PNG

Of course, you could always move the local files to a completely different folder that Spotify isn't monitoring as well.

Needless to say, there is definitely not an easy way to simply unmatch a song within Spotify itself. I would recommend voting and commenting on this idea if interested in seeing this feature added.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts