Premium

Country

United States

Device

Macbook Pro Late 2013

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

My Question or Issue

This just a small annoyance. Enabling "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" under "General" system preferences results in open/close/fullscreen buttons overlapping some of Spotify's UI.

The setting causing this issue:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 8.33.14 PM.png

The issue:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 8.31.27 PM.png

I have tried restarting the Spotify app but it doesn't fix anything. Any one else experiencing this?

6 Replies

I'm also having this same issue with the latest versions of macOS Big Sur and Spotify.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you try to Zoom In/Out from the 3-dot settings menu in the upper left corner of the app or using the Cmd+- / Cmd+= commands and see if that makes a difference. 

If this started happening recently, you might be seeing the new Desktop client that our developer team is working on. If that's the case and you'd like to leave feedback on how it look/functions you can head over to this thread to do so.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to us. I tried zooming in/out, but that doesn't fix anything. I also tried going into fullscreen mode (green button) and then exiting fullscreen mode, which seems to fix the issue, resulting in the following screenshot (there's now a gap between the three buttons in the top left and the home button as should be): 

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 3.20.12 PM.png

I don't think I have the new Desktop client as my layout hasn't changed recently. I just recently began to automatically hide my menu bar, which is how I discovered this issue. Would be nice if the UI could be fixed so I don't have to go into/out of fullscreen mode on every app restart.

Hey @18mliu,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We recommend that you perform a clean reinstall using the steps here. It's possible that some of the apps files have gotten damaged and that's what's causing this behavior. If afterwards the issue persist, could you let us know which version of the app you're running? Once we have this info, we'll happily relay it to the right folks at the developer team.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did a clean reinstall as per the instructions above from Mihail, and re-downloaded the app from spotify.com. This install gave me version 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1 without fixing the issue. However, I installed update 1.1.47.684.g136419d9 via the desktop app, restarted, and this fixed the issue! Seems like this update fixed it.

Great! Thanks for the information.

Suggested posts