Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is Browse section on (Mac) desktop app (Oct 2022)

Solved!

Where is Browse section on (Mac) desktop app (Oct 2022)

Plan

Premium

Country

UK/France

Device

MacBook Pro M1

Operating System

macOS 12.6

My Question or Issue

Where can I find the mood and genre playlists provided by Spotify now? I used to go to the Browse section but this doesn't exist anymore. I could swear that it did exist up to a couple of weeks ago but I can't find any announcement of this change. 

I've seen that on mobile these are now under Search but there isn't a search "section" where I can browse genres (that I can find on the desktop app).

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dwhite1,

Just wanted to also mention that you might be a part of an ongoing test we're running for some users where the design of the desktop app has been remodeled: the Search bar has been centered at the top of the window and you can access all categories by clicking on it.

Capture.PNG

There's this thread where people continue to share their feedback on the remodel so feel free to jump in and let us know what you think of it.

In case you meant something else, feel free to elaborate further so we can get a clear understanding of what you were referring to.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @dwhite1, thanks for writing!

I guess the moods and genres playlists were merged in the same space, and you can find them by clicking on Search (top left column). There you'll see several music genres and moods like  "sleep", "workout", "romance", "focus", etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey @dwhite1,

Just wanted to also mention that you might be a part of an ongoing test we're running for some users where the design of the desktop app has been remodeled: the Search bar has been centered at the top of the window and you can access all categories by clicking on it.

Capture.PNG

There's this thread where people continue to share their feedback on the remodel so feel free to jump in and let us know what you think of it.

In case you meant something else, feel free to elaborate further so we can get a clear understanding of what you were referring to.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks! This is what it is.

Suggested posts