Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't play random songs

Won't play random songs

Hey there! I've been using Spotify Premium for about a few months now. I am running Spotify both on an Android LG phone and a 2015 Macbook Pro Retina running MacOS 10.14.3 Mojave. 

However I noticed lately that some random songs were not playing when I pressed play, especially for songs that have no affiliation with the downloaded songs in my playlist. Adding them into my playlist doesn't work. It registers in the total tracks, but doesn't show up when I am scrolling through my playlist page.

It does this on some random songs. I can play How Long but not Busy Being Fabulous. When I search up Busy Being Fabulous on search the song shows up complete with album cover, but it doesn't let me go to album page or artist page. This is bugging me so much.

It doesn't happen on Spotify Web, or my Android last time I checked.

Screenshot 2019-03-25 at 10.56.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-03-25 at 10.56.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2019-03-25 at 10.57.23 PM.png
4 Replies

Huh. A few days ago I can't play Jessica by the Allman Brothers, but now I can. I haven't done anything.

Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem with a large number of random songs while some others are then working just fine.

I've tried multiple options thoroughly (de- and reinstalling Spotify with deleting everything from my library, cache etc.), but nothing seems to be solving the problem.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-26 um 22.27.31.png

This is very annoying. Happening more and more in recent days and weeks. Logging out and back in seems to fix it but it's very temporary and always comes back.

Using the Windows app - it's garbage I think I will exclusively start using the web app

Hi there @WingnutWilson,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Since you've said that re-logging fixes this temporarily there might be an issue with the cache files. Can you try running a clean reinstall of the app on your PC. This includes deleting the app cache. Check out this guide for the specific steps.

Let us know how it goes. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts