Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

app won't start in macbook

app won't start in macbook

I can't get the app to open in my Macbook Pro (High Sierra 10.13.2). It just bounces for a few seconds and then disappears. Any suggestions? 

5 Replies

Hey @woodj,

I think that I know the problem. Probably it is because you've installed Spotify wrong on your mac. And you've deleted the install file but put the file in your program tab. So every time you want to open the app, your mac can't find the program on your system. 

So let's go for a new instal.
1) Click here and download Spotify again;
2) Open the Spotify installer.dmg file;
3) You'll see a small window with the app and next to it applications, first put Spotify in the applications tab;
4) Click on the Spotify app and download it.

I hope this will get you to enjoy endless beats again! 

- Jordy

Thanks, but that didn't work. The download comes through a .zip file, by the way, though I don't know if that makes any difference. It bypasses the step where I add it to the applications folder (though I also tried that previously, using a .dmg file, and it made no difference in the end). It shows up in my applications folder, I double-click the icon, and I get a few bounces down on the dock, then it disappears.

Ah, sorry to hear that! 
Did a clean re-install on my MacBook Pro High Sierra and it works fine.

I searched the forum for similar problems from users and found several topics about this with working solutions here and here.

Keep me updated if it works or not!
- Jordy

Well, nothing seemed to work, and then I simply restarted the computer after deleting everything, and downloaded and installed it again after it rebooted. That worked!

Sometimes OSX operates in mysterious ways haha! Glad to hear that you can enjoy Spotify again. 

Suggested posts