Premium

Country

UAE

Device

Macbook Pro 2019

Operating System

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3 

My Question or Issue

Since I updated to Mac OS Catalina I have been experiencing unexpected crashes periodically (around 2 per hour). I have tried all sorts of solutions in the forum (restarting macbook, uninstalling + cleaning caches and other files + installing again, etc.) and none works.

The error I get in the logs is that com.spotify.client Service exited due to SIGABRT.

Could you shed some light on other possible solutions?

Thank you

4 Replies

Just crashed again:

Mar 28 11:19:33 XXX-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.spotify.client.19060[98225]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

Some crashes from the last few hours:

Mar 28 11:19:33 Marcs-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.spotify.client.19060[98225]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

Mar 28 11:50:56 Marcs-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.spotify.client.19060[246]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

Mar 28 12:16:48 Marcs-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.spotify.client.19060[2327]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

Mar 28 12:45:42 Marcs-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.spotify.client.19060[4006]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

Mar 28 13:11:47 Marcs-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.spotify.client.19060[5787]): Service exited due to SIGABRT

Hello there @marcmanzano,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

I can see that you already went through some good troubleshooting, but if you're still experiencing the crashes, I'd suggest to make sure you cover all the following steps:

• Perform a clean reinstall. You can find the exact steps to do so here.
  • Check the firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception.
  • Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use.
  • Check if the proxy settings are set to default (auto-detect).
  • Remove host files. Head here to find out how.
  • If possible, switch to another internet connection (WiFi, mobile data via tethering, or going direct via LAN cable).
  • Try accessing the web player before re-attempting to log back in to the desktop client.
  • Run Spotify in Safe Mode.

If the above tactics don't work, let us know what additional steps you tried and the exact Spotify version you're running and we'll pass the info on to our tech teams to look into this 🔍

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Xenia,

I have tried all these steps before as well, and still getting the same crashes...

My Spotify version is 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660

Thank you!

Suggested posts