Premium

Country  Canada

Device

(Macbook Pro )

Operating System

(? maybe version 10.11.6)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is any solution for fixing my friends activity not showing up correctly. I only follow 3 close friends and they are randomly disappearing from my list. When they are on (a few days ago), it doesn't "update" with their music unless I shut off wifi and restart it. 

I dont know much about computers or anything but I did try looking at old posts and restart, etc...basic attempts at fixing the problem but to no avail.  Thank you in advance. 

Tina

7 Replies

Hi @TinaCC and welcome to the Community! 🙂
Spotify has a support article just for this particular concern on the Mac app. I hope it is useful for you and helps clear things up.

Have an awesome day! 🙂

Thanks for your reply. I did try this and it did not work. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks! 😃 

Mine is not working either, I tried all of these things. Any other ideas? The only other thing I found was to change the code for the file, that seems a bit much. Help!

Hi again @RAP33 and @TinaCC ! 🙂

Thanks for your patience as I looked more into it! There are a couple other things that I've outlined below I wanted to rule out just in case these haven't been tried yet.

If you find this is still not resolving it - please let me know and I can help troubleshoot some more. 🙂

1. Toggle the "Friend Activity" option to Off > Exit the app > Open and toggle it back On

2. Reboot your Wifi router and check firewall settings for any restriction on Spotify

Hello tried all of the above and still no luck - any help with this?

Hey @KostasDabi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You can find more info about recent changes to Friend Activity in this thread.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Kostas, 

You probably can't see any friend activity since Spotify changed the privacy settings about a week ago, told absolutely nobody, and completely ruined the feature. 

Hope this helps. 

Best wishes, Chad 

Suggested posts