A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally...

20 people liked this

A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally...

Sir_kw
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America 

Device

Notebook Lenovo

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Log in error with 'A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error code: 17).

I have tried looking through my exceptions for firewall (apps allowed by firewall) and it already states an exception for firewall, i also re-downloaded through windows 10 (microsoft store) but the problem persisted. Please help solve this problem thanks.

29 Replies
6 people liked this

Re: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally..

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @Sir_kw.

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Just to confirm, are you currently using a proxy? If not, head to the Spotify Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Proxy, and make sure it's set to "No" before trying again.

If that doesn't do the trick, try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps. As a last resource, you can try downloading the Spotify installer here.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp
1 person liked this

Re: A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally..

Sir_kw
Regular

It is definitely my account problem because my friend just logged into his account through facebook and it was fine? I logged out and did exactly the same thing but my has the notification and firewall pop up. 

17 people liked this

Sir_kw
Regular

Yes I have tried both the proxy off, and the reinstalling already, both does not work

15 people liked this

ab_abhishikth
Casual Listener

I have this problem too. God! it sucks when spotify does this.

57 people liked this

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey folks!

Just to confirm, are you in a different country than the one your Spotify account is set to? If that's the case, and you're using Spotify Free, try updating the country following these steps.

If you're paying for a Premium subscription, make sure you don't have multiple accounts, and you're logging in to the correct one.

You can also, try using a different device to see if it behaves the same.

Keep me in the loop.

_bzr5y9-s21ol

I got the same message (firewall blocking spotify), but since I'm in another country I figured it is that. So I changed my password, logged in online and tried to change the country, but I can't change it. While I am in another country then it says. So does that mean I can't listen to it anymore?

I already reinstalled it, changed my password, changed the proxy thing, tried whatever I could think of, but I still get the same message...

5 people liked this

WillYeung

Thank you. My problem was the same as "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify", I changed the country setup and now everything is fine.

sanzaiyeung 

Alfredo
Roadie

Hey @_bzr5y9-s21ol.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble updating your account's country.

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to make the change.

As a last resource, I suggest using a different device and internet connection altogether to update it.

All the best.

5 people liked this

nrvrvl

I have just solved the same issue. This problem happens only if you use the proxy settings or you moved to some other state or country.well, If you are using a windows laptop then I have a solution for you guys. Just follow some steps.

Step 1: open your control panel and go to the system and security option.

Step 2: Select the windows defender firewall.

Step 3: Check out that you have got a green tick if not then do enable the firewall and turned on all the basic settings.

Still not able to Log in ???

Download free version of hotspot shield Here. and try to log in anonymously 

I was not able to log in to Spotify account because I have turned off my firewall.

#hopethiswillhelpyouout

SUGGESTED POSTS