Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The ability to click on your artists you follow in your library and listen/list your liked songs seems to be gone. I hope it is just buried somewhere in this update and I have over looked it because this is HUGE terrible change if not. What is the point of liking songs on artists albums if you can no longer listen do them all at once? Please tell me I am missing something here. 

3 Replies

Hello @JLemire1!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I'd recommend adding your votes and comments to this idea. That way Spotify might consider implementing this feature.

Hope you have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Jose_M the idea you linked is marked as duplicate of another idea that is marked as implemented about a year ago, and it was there already years before that, but worked a bit differently.

So this definitely was already implemented, but it has been removed in the recent update (or just works in mysterious ways). I've been using it for years as my main way to organize my music, so I'm a bit annoyed by this update. Apparently this is a rolling update. I only got it 31st of March. Version 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60-a. Windows desktop.

To be extra clear, the usual process was:
Click "follow" on artist. Click "like" (heart) on songs. Go to library->artists->select artist. All liked songs from that artist appear as a neat list. After list has been fully played, similar songs start playing at random.

Doing that now takes you to the the artist's page with listing of their top popular songs and a list of albums. No liked songs visible there any more. The only workaround now seems to be to create separate playlist for every single artist and add all liked songs there individually. @JLemire1 have you found a a better solution since you posted this.

Hey @anvilsoup,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and sharing your feelings on the new Desktop client.

We'd recommend adding your feedback to this Feedback thread. As the devs are still collecting ideas on how to make the Desktop app better and more user friendly, this is the best place to post such comments.

As a workaround I can suggest Sorting your Liked songs by Artist and Filtering with the artist name. This way you'll get all the songs you've liked from that artist. It's not as straight forward as it used to be though.

Hope you find this info helpful 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts