Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't open spotify!

Solved!

Can't open spotify!

Hello!

Today when I tried to open spotify, it wouldn't open.

It worked yesterday and it still works on my mobile so there is something wrong with the app on the computer.

I have tried uninstalling, rebooted my computer. I can't even find the spotify folder, the only folder that is there is in User/AppData/roaming/spotify it doesn't exist in C:/Program, C:/, C:/Program(x86) or C:/ProgramData.

When I click on the the app it starts loading but the program never comes up. The Process Spotify.exe *32 is running in my processes but it uses 00 CPU and the kB is on a constant 4368.

How can I fix this?

My windows is up to date and it is windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi i had a problem almost the same as yours, I downloaded the app and it wouldn't start and when i tryed opening it again it told me "spotify is already running but not responding please close and try again", i closed it and opened it again, but nothing tryed everything but nothing worked, reinstalling, running as administrator.
I might have a solution it worked for me, i simply moved the spotify folder from "User/AppData/roaming/spotify" to "C:/Program(x86)"
Hope it works for you.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@pariwat wrote:

i can´t open the spotify and i got virus from spotify.exe don´t know why can anyone tell me how to make it work?

It sounds like you virus scanner is most likely interferring with Spotify. Can you try adding it to the exceptions list in your anti-virus software? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

When you try to move the Spotify folder from C:\Users\Morgan\AppData\Roaming to C:\Program Files (x86), it still says Spotify is already running. you have to open up task manager, hit more details, and scroll down to turn off everything that says Spotify. then move the folder, and it'll work.

55 Replies

Have you tried deleting all the files in the roaming folder? Or, just download Spotify again and install over it.

That should set everything back to how it should be. Let us know.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

yes i've tried deleting them, i have also tried installing over them but it won't work.

I'm not even sure that the install or uninstall process ever completes because when i try to install it comes up a window that says: Installing spotify and the bar gets green, the program closes and the spotify folder is created in the roaming folder.

After that I try to open spotify and it won't work.

Also i can never choose which folder to install it in which i am pretty certain i was able to do before.

When i try to uninstall it it's the same process. I press uninstall but nothing really happens, no window comes up or anything..

I have exactly the same problem than you. Have you find any solution?

sadly no:(

Marked as solution

Hi i had a problem almost the same as yours, I downloaded the app and it wouldn't start and when i tryed opening it again it told me "spotify is already running but not responding please close and try again", i closed it and opened it again, but nothing tryed everything but nothing worked, reinstalling, running as administrator.
I might have a solution it worked for me, i simply moved the spotify folder from "User/AppData/roaming/spotify" to "C:/Program(x86)"
Hope it works for you.

My spotify already fixed itself in some way, 2 days ago i tried to open spotify and it worked all of a sudden and i hadn't done anything 😮 pretty weird

so dont know if your solution works but it sound logical so maybe it can help others.

I can't open mine either, anyone got a solution?

@TARDIS_girl wrote:

I can't open mine either, anyone got a solution?

Hey 🙂 

What operating system are you using? 

Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that helps? 

Peter

Peter

i can´t open the spotify and i got virus from spotify.exe don´t know why can anyone tell me how to make it work?

Marked as solution

@pariwat wrote:

It sounds like you virus scanner is most likely interferring with Spotify. Can you try adding it to the exceptions list in your anti-virus software? 

Peter

Peter

i have "superantispyware" i have spotify in my computer for 3 years why will it react now?  this is the first time i got virus from spotify. in 3 years. my anti-virus is 3 years old to.

oh i forgot to say i have to reinstall the spotify to make it work.

You wouldn't have gotten a virus from downloading the installer from Spotify.  Filehorse is known safe for older versions.  Consider other sources for your virus.

my anti-virus is 3 years old

I'd look there first.

i cant post bus because the buttom does not work i cant start spotify because the spotify process just keeps doing nothing i cant deinstall spotify because the process keeps doing nothing

i have windows 8

this is anoying wold you please change your support it is horrible it took me nearly wo hours to get logged in here and i cant even make a new topic with me as i thing very very very BIG problem

mee to pleas help

Any chance of a bit more information like operating system, spotify version, a few words about what happens? 

@Daleron wrote:

mee to pleas help

ok

as i restartet my pc spotify just didnt worked anymore

i cant deinstall it the process is not doing anything i have windows 8 64bit

spotify worked at the beginning but after the new updates where installed to windows 8 that problem came out first

i tryed to delet it manually that didnt worked eighter and i have tried to move the spotify ordner to (x86)programms didnt worked eighter

pleas help

sry came up first ^^

i thing i have version 9.1 the newest, i just downloaded it

Suggested posts