Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play songs - problems with version 1.84.344.0?

Can't play songs - problems with version 1.84.344.0?

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway 

Device

Windows 10 Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After 1.84.344.0 was automatically installed I can no longer play any songs. When I click to play a song there is a delay of about 2 - 4 seconds before a message is displayed at the top: 

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I have not made any changes to Windows and it has been working fine for years. 

I have tried all these suggestions

- Uninstall and re-install (including making sure all Spotify related %AppData% folders have been deleted)

- Deleting %temp% folder

- Turning off hardware acceleration

- Turning on and off high quality streaming

- Checking Firewall settings (it's off)

- Checking proxy settings in Spotity. It's Auto Detect, but I have also tried No Proxy. 

Looking at various messages in the forum the last few days it seems to me as something is maybe seriously wrong with version 1.84.344.0, no?

3 Replies

Hey @kurtig, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

I see that you have tried some troubleshooting steps but could you please try this way by following the ones listed below:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

That way you will delete some leftover files that would mess up the app when you reinstall it.

Hope I was able to help ๐Ÿ™‚

I did as you said, but it turns out that the problem was simply with my sound settings. 

When I  changed output device to my monitor (through hdmi) instead of my headphones then it worked. So I changed back and forth to headphones as output device a couple of times and also plugged the cable in and out a couple of times and finally it started working with the headphones again. 

Really happy that you worked this out! ๐ŸŽ‰

Mark your own answer as a solution ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested posts