Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Equalizer for the Desktop Version

There should be an Equalizer for the Desktop version of Spotify.

EQ1.png

Since Spotify's mobile apps now have an EQ setting, this should be implemented on the desktop version, too!
The EQ should come with various presets but also the ability to save your own custom settings.

Updated on 2022-08-10

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Equalizer option is now available on desktop - and is gradually rolling out to all users over the next week. You will be able to play around and customize the sound of your music for a better listening experience by toggling your Equalizer on your computers.

Elena_1-1660143850905.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments

Why is there no equalizer settings? Why do I pay for a "premium" account though there is no way I can adjust the sound I would like. I came to Spotify after leaving Google Play Music because I thought I would have a Better experience. Though I am still on the bridge. I was told there was an equalizer at one point in time though it has disappeared. As a paying customer, I hope you can see my frustration, so please help me understand why there is no equalizer and if there will be one sometime in the very very soon future, if not I will have to go back to google play music or iTunes because of this issue. 

Please add an equalizer.  When friends as me about Spotify I have to tell them that it's missing, so they don't subscribe to premium. 

Corel_82
Thanks this was helpful.
IrishGhostAK47

I concur....

twokoalas

I have to admit,  I was very angry that there is no EQ and even more so that this being quite an active forum  thread- there was no responce form spotify guys. Direct comparison of sound quality revealed that on mobile spotify sounds great but on my iMac and macbooks  it's worse than apple music. I am completely against using system level things like Boom sound because it messes with all the sounds and i want to tune my music, not email notifications.   I even quit using spotify and moved to apple music... for a month.. And I am back to being a premium spotify subscriber. Here's why:

• Spotify is miles away from competitors in terms of interface and useability on mobile and PC
  • Even after moving all my playlists to AM and helping with likes: it kept suggesting me playlists that I indicated "i don't like this" a few times already.
  • AM interface is slow, and on mobile network sound quality can get really bad.
  • AM playlists give a good impression first but soon there is a lot to be desired

So spotify is still a winner. Yes, i'd love the EQ but I have to admit that even without it Spotify has an edge over it's competitors. I hope the PC apps improve faser than Apple music improves their interface and playlists though... 

Seriously, how difficult is it to add an EQ?????

An equalizer is something basic you expect from any media player.  How could you not have this?

neni_spotify

no serius.. there aren't news????

EQUALIZER PLEASE!!!!!

jglee1236

Pretty please? This is needed soooo bad.

guushessels

if it takes so many (too many) time for Sportify, then the equaliser problem can easily solved when i get the possibilty to play Spotify via Windows Mediaplayer. This has a very good equaliser in it. Some tech-nerds here (;o) who know how to?