Windows 10 Pro 1909
My Question or Issue
I couldn't sign in Spotify via Facebook on Windows 10, it showed "The username or password is incorrect(Error code:auth:2)". It worked fine before I reinstalled my Windows system.
I had some tries to solve the problem but still couldn't solve the problem:
1. Logging into both web download version and Microsoft Store version of Spotify via Facebook on Windows 10, they showed identical error code.
2. Logging into the web version of Spotify via Facebook and it worked, I could check my account and listen to music on Spotify for web. Moreover, I could login via Facebook on my iPad, then I assume my account and password are correct.
3. Restarting my computer as well as the router, but the problem persisted.
4. Flushing DNS and closing antivirus software, as well as firewall, it couldn't solve the problem.
5. Connecting to 4G network and the issue continued.
Spotify community article doesn't have any issue like this, could someone tell me how to solve the problem? Thank you.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Finally managed to log into Spotify Microsoft Store version, by resetting my password and login via email.
I think login via Facebook feature on Spotify for Windows might have some issues. And "Set device password" might cause some misleading, I never what does the "separate password" doing. Actually it's just the normal "account password" rather than "device password".