Friend activity only showing two friends

Friend activity only showing two friends

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

Friends Activity is only showing two friends and won't update when I unfollow/refollow the missing ones. I know all the missing friends are active and have activity sharing on because I was able to see all of them up until opening the Spotify app this morning. I have tried both restarting the app and doing a clean reinstall and neither has worked. 

11 Replies

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Friend activity has been working fine for the next while and I woke up and it disappeared. The only thing it is showing now is the "Find Friends" prompt. The friend didn't turn friend activity off or anything and I had not previously touched any settings before sleeping. Is this the same thing that happened to you?

Yes, I haven't changed any of my settings. I'm unable to see more than two of my friends, and they change every time I restart the app. 

Same exact thing is happening to me. Only two of my friends activity is showing and the rest have disappeared. Tried unfollowing and following again, re-installed Spotify, still not showing anything. Wonder if it's backend maintenance that is messing with it? Will the friend's activity return?

i am facing the same problem. only two friends are being shown in the friends activity despite the fact i follow more. and no matter how many times i reinstall, restart or login again, the issue is not resolved. please, look into it. Windows 10, free spotify account, India

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! No worries - We're happy to help.

@easyprateek - as a first step we'd recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will ensure that any old cached files are not causing this.

Also - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

It would be great if you can let us know if this occurs on one device or multiple devices?

We also recommend you to have a look at this article on our support site under My Friend Activity isn't updating.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Similar issue here. I only have two friends on Spotify, but one of them keeps disappearing. It's not always the same one and I have verified that neither of them are hiding their status. I've also performed a fresh reinstall, tried logging out and logging back in, updating spotify, using different networks. Nothing helps. the problem always comes back.

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for your post and information you've provided. 

Would you mind letting us know the following:

• Which version of Spotify you have
  • How long time you've experienced this 
  • If you checked this article on our support site under My Friend Activity isn't updating
  • Does this occur on one specific device or on multiple devices

We'll have a look out for your reply.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello Elena and thank you for your reply,

I have version 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f Desktop Windows 10
I've been experiencing this issue for about three months
I did check out that article and the setting is checked to show friend activity. fairly new HD extra wide so the pixel requirement mentioned in the article shouldn't be an issue.
As I only have the one desktop to have Spotify installed on I can't say if it would happen on other devices since my mobile app doesn't yet have the friend activity feed.
It's just odd as one of my two friends will just disappear and nothing I do will make them show back up. Eventually when I start the app they'll both be there again for a little while till one of them disappears again.

Hey there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided information 🙂

At this point we can suggest that you check your hosts files with the steps here and unfollow and follow your friends again to see if this continues.

Also, can you ask someone to log in with their account - such as a friend's or a family member's on your device to see if they have the same experience?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same thing is happening to me and my girlfriend's.  I had her log onto hers to see if she is having the same issue and she is. Problem just started, it was working fine before windows updated last night.

Tried doing a clean uninstall and reinstalling and it's still doing it.

Maybe Spotify needs an update to go with this windows update?

I am running Spotify for Windows 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

Thanks

Hey there @recklessjuju,

Thanks for reaching out.

There were some changes made recently to Friend Activity. You can find more info in this thread.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts